Some of the benefits of whale watching including learning about the animals through close up encounters which help us cultivate appreciation for the whales and the precious environment in which they exist in. It also helps support local businesses in the community! Win win! Also, you will get to be feet away from an animal that can weigh up to over 100,000 pounds depending on what type of whale watching you are doing along with big bigger than a friggin bus! They are the largest animals on the face of this earth! What an experience.
Deep Sea Fishing – Load up on the sea sickness pills, don’t each much that morning and hop on the boat for a day to remember! To make it extra special, try doing so in a tropical area. Fishing for marlin or big tun! Landing one of these babies can create a memory that lasts for a lifetime! And also provide you with dinners that can last months with the amount of meat on these suckers! Some of the other benefits of deep sea fishing include creating an environment of the unknown of what you can catch as you are far away from the harbor. Makes you a better angler by reeling in bigger fish. Also you put yourself in a different atmosphere than shore fishing that will challenge you both physically and mentally, giving you a big personal growth opportunity!
Not only does scuba diving allow you to transport your mind and body into a different realm of life. It also provides the diver other benefits like increased emotional well-being providing a sense of being in the mothers womb increasing feelings of happiness and security. Other benefits of scuba diving are that it provides us with a calm mind as everything is quiet under water, reducing the feelings of stress and anxiety. It also improves blood circulation as when we are underwater we are exposed to pressure gradient in which all of the muscles in our body work simultaneously in which our blood vessels open up so that our system can bring oxygen to our muscles. It also has been proven to lower our blood pressure and increase our awareness and concentration capacity! All while connecting with nature and a myriad of species that people only dream about witnessing!
The first time I went skydiving provided me with an experience I can never forget. Literally it was the scariest yet most exhilarating and tranquil experience of my life! When we first jump, your stomach is tied into a million knots! Your whole body freezes in fear! Then happiness and excitement ensue as you plummet your way towards the earth! Once the chute is opened, you feel extremely peaceful. Floating above the world. Almost a feeling of flying like a friggin bird through the air! When you land, it is as though you conquered the world. One of the best experiences of my life! Also pay extra for the footage of them filming you and taking pictures. Its worth it to capture this memory!
Go Bungee Jumping
Onto the next bucket list idea for my adrenaline junkies! Bungee jumping opportunities can be found all of the world and can allow you to plummet inches close to you death. Then rise from the ashes! As far as why you should bungee jump, it can allow you to conquer a fear in your life. Which if you have read my blog much at all, I talk about how when we conquer fears in one area of our lives, we tend to do so with ease in others! It also provides you with a sense of adventure and allows you to do so out in nature!
Go To The Grand Canyon
You may not need reasons to make this drive, flight or boat ride to this magnificent location! But there are a ton! A great site offers us 20 reasons to visit the Grand Canyon. Some of which include: being one of 5 million people to visit it each year. Witness the product of how the Colorado River carved the canyon out over the last 6 million years, which happens to be nearly half the age of the earth. You can skywalk on the Grand Canyon Skywalk which is located 4000 feet above the canyon floor. Witness an environment rich in wildlife and being immersed in 650 different wildflowers consisting of great photo opportunities. A great way to de-stress away from city life. And also offers a ton of fun group held child activities like fossil hunting and junior ranger training.
White Water Rafting
Again a great oppportunity to soak in the outdoors all while getting one of the biggest adrenaline rushes of your life. The reasons to white water rafting to beyond just this, including challenging yourself through calm waters all the way up to unmanageable ones. You will get a good team bonding experience. It also has been shown to reduce stress as you will be immersed in the quietness of nature. All while getting an awesome amount of physical exercise, working out your muscles and cardiovascular system. It can also be one of the best family and friend bonding experiences ever. When you are done rafting, you will love the sense of accomplishment that you “made it” with the people that you love!
Visit One Of The 7 Wonders Of The World (Or All!)
If you can visit one, you are ahead of most. If you can visit all the 7 wonders of the world, you are engaging in a life changing path! The Great Wall of China is a great place to start. It spans over 4000 miles long which is the longest man made structure. Then you can stop by Christ the Redeemer Statue in Rio de Janeiro where Jesus stands 130 feet tall and high above the ocean. Or you can check out Machu Piccu in Peru, the Incan city where lies a land of sacred archaeology. Next would be stopping by the Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza. It is a is a powerful city that flourished from 800 to 1200 AD and now is home to a sophisticated astronomical observatory. Or you could check out the Roman Colesseum in Italy, one of if not the most enduring icon of the entire country where 100s of gladiator events were held. You can then fly out to India and check out the Taj Mahal which is a mausoleum that is considered to be the perfect specimen of the Muslim culture. Last on our itinerary would be Petra in Jordan where you can see incredible structures carved in stone.
You can visit the Great Barrier Reef in Queensland, Austrlia which is the larges living structure on the planet, speading over 135000 square miles!
Visit The Largest Aquarium In The World (Or Any Aquarium)
Visiting an aquarium can transport us back to memories of childhood. Where we went on a field trip or with our parents to the aquarium. The George Aquarium in Atlanta is the largest aquarium in the entire world which it houses more than 100,000 sea creatures! It also happens to be the only institution outside of Asia that has sharks housed there. Including whale sharks.
Go To The Zoo! Or The Biggest One!
There are very other experiences that measure up to going to a zoo. You are amongst some of the most massive animals on the face of the planet. Almost giving you a feeling of being in a Jurassic Park movie! The biggest zoo in the world is Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha Nebraska in which 17000 animals are housed and it spans over 130 acres of land area. It also has the largest indoor swamp, largest indoor desert and the largest cat complex in North America.
Go On A Safari
This is simply a way to feel like you in an Indiana Jones movie! There are so many great reasons go go on a safari including getting away from the city life to more tranquility and connecting with nature. Other great reasons to go are that they are very affordable now days. You also get to be immersed in Africa’s wild life, many animals of which are endangered. You will also get to meet new people along with locals who are most familiar with the area. All while getting shuttled around by someone else, letting them do the work for you while you take some of the most breathtaking pictures that you will ever take!
No matter where you do so, you can ride majestic creatures that simply are smarter than most animals on the face of the planet. Plus its cool as heck to do! Some of the benefits of going horseback riding include getting an awesome core workout in. Getting balance and coordination training. You also get to truly connect to the animal you are riding. Some of the best places to go horseback riding include: Western Pleasure Guest Ranch in Sandpoint Idaho, South Cross Guest Ranch in Madison Georgia, Tierra Chamaua Eco Adventures out in Northeast Sonora Mexico and Sylvan Dale Ranch in Loveland Colorado. All of these places are created amognst the terrain of epic horseback riding and will provide an experience of a lifetime!
Learn How To Surf
Surfers are simply bad ass. There is something about knowing that you can conquer one of the most unpredictable forces in the world. The ocean. The other benefits of surfing include being able to stay physically fit by building upper body strength, balance along with cardiovascular strength. You can also meet new friends and immerse yourself in a culture that permeates throughout your city. It is also known to be very peaceful and meditative. You learn how to be alone with yourself and enjoy time with yourself. Which most people cannot do!
When you go paddle boarding, it almost feels as if you are walking on water! The threat of tumbling off your board keeps you intensely balanced and moving forward towards your destination! Often times you can be close enough to see small fish swim by. Along with being close enough to see other ocean life beneath you. It is also a very low impact way of getting exercise, core strength, balance strength along with clearing your mind as you paddle softly across the ocean. Allowing you to clear your mind for a couple hours. As your mind and body are working in unison, allowing you to be mindful about everything around you. All while getting a healthy dose of vitamin D!
We have all seen the epic Youtube videos of buddies jumping off high places onto the massive blob. Launching their buddy off it, shooting them high into the sky! It is something that has to be experienced at least once in this lifetime! This may give you one of the biggest belly laughs of all time, during and after!
See The Northern Lights
The world is a fascinated place and sometimes is puts its artwork on live display. According to LiveScience.com the Northern lights are referred to as aurora displays and created when electrons stream out from the solar surface and connect hard with the Earth’s magnetic field. These babies area actually visible from space! The article also gives the tip that since the auroras can be relatively dim, the human eye cannot see it as well as you can with a camera as the camera picks up the redder light more effectively, so bring your camera for sure!
Go See The Eiffel Tower
This is an Icon of not only Paris and France but maybe the world. It has been featured in so many movies as a place that ranges from where romance ensues to full on action scenes. It is well deserving of being on our list! The other benefits of going to see the Eiffel tower is that you will be experiencing a part of history as it was constructed over a 100 years ago in January of 1887. You will also be able to take the elevator all the way up giving you panoramic views of the city of Paris. You will also be able to journey all the way to the top via yourself or tour guide. Along the way visiting the old machine room, the bunker along with the tower top observatory.
See The Dead Sea
There are so many reasons to see the dead sea! Some of which include being able to float along it’s surface due to the fact that it is 8 times more salty than any other ocean. The mud is also excellent for your skin! It is filled with potassium, calcium, magnesium and sodium which is better than a mud bath you can get at a spa! You will also be floating in water that is almost 3 millions years old. Water that was spotted by Herod The Great, the Roman King of Judea. Along with mud that was used by the Egyptians to make asphalt to assist in mummifying their pharaohs!
Be In Two States At Once
There are 10 locations where you can put one foot in one state and the other in another state! Those ten locations include:
- Downtown Bristol Virginia and Tennessee
- Four Corners Monument Utah – Colorado – New Mexico and Arizona
- Baarle-Hertog Belgium and Baarle Nassau – Netherlands
- New Pine Creek in California and Oregon
- Montego Bay Resort in West Wendover Nevada and Wendover Utah
- Mount Everest in Nepal and China (200 people have died trying to make it to this one!)
- Lloydminister – Canada – Alberta and Saskatchewan
- Texarkana, Texas and Arkansas
- Hoover Dam, Nevada and Arizona
- Cornwall Island, Quebec and Hogansburg, New York
This is a must for anyone who is an adrenaline junkie or simply needs to break through some fears! According to USAToday.com the best places to go ziplining are:
- Arenal Volcano in Costa Rica – You are defying death with this one!
- Orocovis in Puerto Rico – This one sends you over vineyards and the Hauraki Gulf
- Waiheke Island in New Zealand – Hits speeds at over 65 mph on Costa Rica’s longest zipline
- Labadee in Haiti – 500 feet above the islands clear blue waters going 50 mph!
- Stowe, Vermont
- Jaguar Cave in Belize – This one sends you over an ancient ceremonial space
- Eiffel Tower in France – Take a trip down one of the most iconic monuments on the face of the earth!
Flying In A Hot Air Balloon
Contrary to popular belief, flying in a hot air balloon is actually the safest way to fly! You will reap the benefits of well being as you float peacefully over vast terrains above the turmoil of the world. Some of the best places to take a ride on a hot air balloon include:
- Rainbow Ryders in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Balloons Over New England in Quechee, Vermont
- Napa Valley Balloons in Nappa Valley, California
- Balloons Over Letchworth in Castile, New York
- Arizona Balloon Safaris in Cave Creek, Arizona
- Lake Tahoe Balloons in Lake Tahoe, California
- Lake Geneva Balloon Company in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
- Visit Balloon Adventures in Newberg, Oregon
- Grand Adventure Balloon Tours in Winter Park, Colorado
- Asheville Hot Air Balloons in Asheville, North Carolina
Run In A Marathon
This bucket list item here can allow you to do things that most people simply do not have the courage to do! It will make you face and break through your physical, emotional and mental limits that you thought you had! To make this even better, run for a cause to where you raise money for your favorite charity!
Shower In A Waterfall
This is straight out of a dream! Some of the best places to scrub under a waterfall include:
- Kuang Si Falls in Laos – A 200 foot cascade descending into a series of beautiful blue pools.
- Sekumpul Falls in Bali – This one has 7 different falls dropping off of the densely forrested cliffts
- Havasu Canyon in Arizona – A ten mile hike will lead you to this mystical spot where the smallest waterfall is 75 feet and the largest, Mooney Falls drops 200 feet over you.
- Skradinski Buk – Krka National Park in Croatia
- Lago Izabal Falls in Guatemala – A naturally hot waterfall that lead to caves that form natural steam baths!
- Tiappiyah Waterfall – Batad Philippines – 100 foot falls here immersed in lush tropical forestry
- Calf Creek Falls in Utah – A 6 mile hike take you to the 126 foot waterfall
- Tingo Falls in the Philipines
- Tegenungan Waterfalls in Bali
- Fairy Pools – Isle of Skye in Scotland
Swim With The Sharks
Not for the faint of heart! This one will put you in the midst of some of natures most epic beasts that rule the ocean! You can also contribute to saving the species as ecotourism is currently one of the best ways to save the sharks along with also boosting local economy! If your brave enough, you can get in one of those cages and immerge into the icy waters of great white infested territory, and potentially live to tell the story 😉
Go To The Olympic Games
Where else can you go see so many sports on display, all being played by some of the worlds finest and most talented athletes?! Go see your favorites sports being played along with ones that you have never seen live!
Get A Star Map & Stock Celebrities
This is straight out of a movie! If you are ever in Southern California and want something to do to kill some time, buy a star map. Hit the hills and roll up on some of your most favorite celebrities cribs! Of course there is so much more to do in LA afterwards. Hit Venice Blvd to see some of the most peculiar people and side hustles of all time. Go go Magic Mountain and ride some insane theme park rides. Go to a Dodger game and eat a few of the famous Dodger Dogs. Or hit the Hollywood Improv where some of the funniest people alive have done stand up!
Fall In Love
This has to be on our bucket list! If you have already done so and are still with your love, then spice things up and recreate dates and scenarios that are similar to a time where you guys were falling in love. So you can fall in love all over again!
Go To A Nude Beach
There is nothing like getting out of your comfort zone than baring it all! Pun intended. By why the hell not right? You only live once! Just remember to get a good sunscreen with high SPF and apply generously! Or else, this will be a bucket list item that you heavily regret! Just to help you out with this one, TravelChannel.com hooked us up with a list of the Best Nude Beaches, some of which include:
- Baker Beach in San Francisco under the Golden Gate Bridge!
- Haulover Beach in Miami 1.6 miles of tropical clothing optional sand!
- Couples Tower Isle, Ocho Rios in Jamaica. An all inclusive, clothing optional getaway island!
- Plakias Beach, Crete in Greece. .8 miles of Greecian waterfront clothing optional terrain!
- Hidden Beach Resort, Riviera Maya in Mexico. An adult playground that even offers a full day nude cruise!
- Cap d’Agde in France. A nude city, not just a beach, right on the French Mediterranean
- Black’s Beach in San Diego. It is referred to as San Diego’s nude beach and is reached by hike. It also hasn’t excellent waves for surfing!
- Praia do Pinho in Brazil. The first nude beach in Brazil.
This one will make you into the ultimate bad ass and provide you with stories to tell at parties. Some of the other benefits of kitesurfing include giving you a rush of adrenaline that can boost your immune system, challenge your coordination and concentration, give you a full body workout, foster respect for the ocean and experience the sensation of flying. Pretty tubular if you ask me!
Race Sportscars In Vegas
We have all dreamed of what it would be like to go pedal to the metal on a foreign sports car. Feel that beast rumble and take off faster than we have ever felt a car move! Well you can do just this in the City of Sin, Las Vegas! One of the best spots to do so is at Exotic Racing where you can choose from over 50 different exotic cars along with 23 racecars ranging from the Iron Man Audi R8 and a Mclaren to a Lambo and Nissan GT-R! Currently they are going for $299 for 5 laps! Just think about the epic selfie you can take for Instagram for this one!
Go Skeet Shooting
Pull! Take your target skills to the next level and get on a shooting range that allows you to blow away clay targets that are launched into the air. Not familiar with a spot near you that allows this epic madness to ensue? Well I got you! Check out this site for locations near you: Wheretoshoot.org
Publish A Book
There is an old adage that says that everyone has at least one book in them! Whey not let it out! Why not bang out a few chapters every month or so? Do you have a favorite genre like mystery or horror and always thought that you have had ideas while reading it that could spark ideas for your own book? Write that baby out! Or maybe your life has been one big book or movie. Why not write out all the funny and crazy things that have happened to you and make it fiction or non fiction. Who knows, maybe you have a New York Times best seller in you that is just waiting to hit the shelves. Then get adapted for big screen viewing. Catapulting you to fame and fortune!
Go Dog Sledding
This is on our list simply because it is straight out of a movie. You can yell YAH YAH and crack that whip and have a wolves pulling you through the snow. I mean come on, you have to admit you would want to try this!?
Go Ice Fishing
Anyone can say that they have caught a fish on a pier, off the surf or on a boat. But not many can say that they did so after carving their own hole in a slab of ice!
You want to leave a legacy that lives on after you do? Then invent something! But how do you go about doing so? Well a great article about invention talks about some tips that we can take to do just this. The steps include
- Believing in yourself and push past the “no’s” you may encounter on the way. You can do this by adopting a growth mindset to where failure turns into only feedback.
- Identify a problem worth solving. And then stick with the product creation long enough to see it come to fruition. Start by tuning into your own frustrations and brainstorm ideas around how to solve them.
- Do some basic market research before you put any money into the vision. This will see if the product has already been invented along with seeing who you will be competing with. Do your research online and in stores. See if there is an interest in your product.
- Build the prototype and then test your idea.
- Then manufacture or license your idea. Decide whether you will invent for royalties or be an entrepreneurial inventor where you you hustle your own products.
Drive Route 66
The famous road that Nat King Cole sang about. Get your kicks on Route 66! A great article talks about the benefits of driving Route 66 talking about the following pluses:
- You will cross 8 states in the process. Ranging from the Midwest and Illinois as well as the Pacific Coast of the golden state, California.
- It skips the interstate almost completely.
- You will go through ghost towns that are no longer inhabited (SPOOKY!)
- You will be driving a road that the Native Americans went through in the 1800’s.
- There are a myraid of little coffee shops and diners along the way.
- You will get to meet so many people and get different perspectives from all of them!
Get A Tattoo
Not sure what to get? Well I’ve got you covered my friend! I gathered some tips from a great article about tips on getting a tattoo you wont regret. Those tips are:
- Researching good tattoos through the likes of portfolios online along with at local tattoo spots.
- Do not price shop. Prepare yourself to pay as much as it takes from someone who does excellent work.
- Take some time to think about the design. You don’t want to get anything that is going to rub someone the wrong way and cause problems.
- Don’t be drunk when you go.
- Eat a meal before you go so you don’t pass out.
- Go alone so that your friends don’t influence the decisions of the design while the artist is tattooing you.
- Accept that it will hurt.
- Tip the artist well!
If don’t feel like jumping out of a plane, but still want a rush, this could be a great one to add to your bucket list!
Go On A Police Ride Along
This can help you see what a day in the life of an officer consists of. And learn to appreciate the guys and gals who keep us safe.
Walk On Coals At A Firewalking Center
No if you do this, you will be stamped with a lifetime bad ass certification. Some of the benefits of walking on coals include:
- Feeling empowered. While breaking through mental obstacles.
- Enhance your spiritual practice as it has been a rite of passage for thousands of years. Still used for self discovery and growing spiritually.
- Overcome fear. Which will help you get over fears in your real life.
- Put you in a deep state of meditation and being in the moment. This will help you develop self awareness.
- Expand your comfort zone.
- Learn to trust your inner guidance.
Swim In An Aquarium
It can be tough to see the marine wild life you want to see when doing a random dive. But there is the opportunity to jump right in with a host of different marine species through the likes of swimming in an aquarium. Some of the best spots to swim in an aquarium include:
- Mandalay Bay Hotel in Las Vegas, NV where you can swim with sharks.
- Downtown Aquarium in Colorado where you can even get certified as a scuba diver.
- Georgia Aquarium where you can swim with whale sharks, seals, penguins and dolphins!
- Adventure Aquarium in Camden New Jersey where you can swim with tiger sharks, nurse sharks, string rays and baraccudas!
- Atlantis Paradise in the Bahamas where you can snorkel and dive with dolphins and of course be in paradise!
Watch A Solar Eclipse From Your Roof
Here is a great site you can use to get the scoop on the next 10 years of solar eclipses!
Meet Your Favorite Celebrity
WikiHow has us covered on this one telling us how we can meet our favorite celebrity.
- Check online to see where your favorite celebrity hangs out.
- Involve yourself that brings you closer to meeting your favorite celebrity. Become an extra for films. Reach out to press agents for celebrity interviews. Get involved in projects that they are part of.
- Attend a meet and greet. Check online to see what scheduled appearances are coming up for your favorite star.
- Send your favorite start a piece of mail. (Similar to what STAN did to reach EMINEM in the song, but without the alcohol consumption and tragic ending ;))
- Try 6 degrees of separation and makes some calls, texts, emails to people you may know, who they may know and so on until you reach the celebrity.
Go Ice Block Sliding
This may be one of the biggest redneck bucket list items on this list! But it deserves a spot as one of our bucket list items because it is super fun (and cheap) to do!
Take Goofy Pictures In A Photo Booth
These things become nostalgic almost instantaneously. It gives you a feeling that you are in a movie! It is a great way to bond with friends and document a great memory!
Attend a Wresting Match
Let’s get ready to rumble!!! Fake? Maybe. Entertaining? Hell yeah!
Be An Extra On A Movie Set
Some of the benefits of being an extra in a movie include:
- Seeing the dynamics of how film works and getting a feeling for how some of your favorite movies are made.
- You become immortalized on IMDB if they offer credit!
- You get paid! Usually a hundred to a few hundred dollars!
- You can network with everyone on set. This can even get you promoted to take on a featured speaking role!
- It is low commitment. Usually a day to 3 days at most.
- You can potentially meet your favorite celebrity.
Ride On A Ferriss Wheel
There is something majestic about riding on a ferris wheel! Some of the best ferris wheels in the world include:
- Toyko Dome City’s Big O. The worlds largest in diameter at 200 feet and reaches speeds of 81 miles per hour.
- Mickey’s Fun Wheel reaching 160 feet at it’s peak at Disney California Adventure Paradise Pier.
- Niagra SkyWheel where you can ascend over 175 feet and see the falls for high above the rest of the world.
- Eye of the Emirates in Sharjah, United Arab Umirates which reaches almost 200 feet above the Al Khan Lagoon.
- Melbourne Start in Docklands Melbourne. Right on the water in Melbourne standing 393 feet high with air conditioned cabins.
- Centennial Wheel in Chicago Illinois. Standing over 200 feet.
- HEP Five standing almost 350 feet high and offers awesome views of Mount Ikoma and the Osaka Harbor.
- London Eye which reaches 443 feet over the Thames River and takes you on a 30 minute ride.
Go To A Rave
EDM music isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. But a rave can give you a great life experience. Some of the benefits of going to rave are talked about by Elite Daily talking about the following:
- The light show is beautiful. Pulsating with the and syncing with the music.
- Being in a crowd full of diversity.
- Promotion of what is known in the rave world as PLUR. Peace, love, unity and respect. You will be dancing your heart out in a judge free zone.
- Listening to uplifting music.
Hit A Hole In One
What are the odds!? Well probably not the best, but it doesn’t mean it can’t be done! I dropped in on a great site that tells us how to sink a hole in one, those tips include:
- Coming up to the tee with confidence!
- Square the shoulder that faces the fairway up straight with the hole as well have it directly above your foot.
- Don’t try to bounce it to the green. Hit it high and on course. Miss long if you are going to miss, so you can maybe even take advantage of some back spin.
- Take a full swing. Don’t try to push the ball to the green. Crush it, without fear.
- Work on your swing at the driving range often with medium and long irons.
Compete In A Bodybuilding/Physique Show
I can tell you personally that this is one of the most gratifying things I have ever done. I got shredded up and put all my hard work on stage. It brought my competitive side out. And it taught me awesome discipline through dieting down for the show that I will hold onto for the rest of my life! I highly suggest this!
Watch A Meteor Shower
This is on our list simply because it puts the beauty of earth on display. It is said that even a small speck is enough to streak though the sky visible enough to the naked eye! Incredible.
Fly First Class (For Cheap)
Want to feel like you made it? Or at least like a boss. You have to hop a flight on first class. A great article by investopedia talks about how we can get first class tickets for cheap, offering tips that include:
- Never booking them. First class can often cost up to 5 times more and aren’t worth that much.
- Enroll in airline royalty programs. Miles add up and you can often upgrade to business class.
- Purchase upgradeable coach or premium economy fare tickets after which your points can be applied to to get you into first class.
- Get your favorite airlines co-branded card as they can offer up to 50,000 mile sign up bonuses.
- Get co-branded credit cards for other people in your family after you reach the minimum spend which is usually around 3K.
- Purchase the points. Usually selling for 2.5 cents per mile.
- Fly on weekends because business travels are more likely to fly on weekdays. This could lead to cheaper tickets.
- Upgrade at check-in.
Go To The Top Of The Statue of Liberty
Take a trip up to the top of the statue of liberty and look out over the city like a superhero would! It is a lot of cardio too! Knocking out your daily workout in the process. The climb to the top is 377 steps spiraling all the way to the top!
Seeing that you will be in NY City if you check this one off your bucket list, standing in the Statue of Liberties crown is just the beginning of the fun. Some of the best things to do in NYC are visiting Central Park, The Empire State Building, check out some incredible modern art at MoMA, walk to Brooklyn on the Brooklyn Bridge, go to Grand Central station which is the worlds largest railway station and a architectural display and take the Ferry to Staten Island.
Go On A Helicopter Tour
Some of the best places to do a helicopter tour include:
- The Great Barrier Reef in Australia – This is the worlds biggest coral reef that is over 2300 kilometres wide!
- Denali National Park in Alaska – Where you can see both Mount Mckinley and other Alaska Range peaks up close and personal and even land on top of a glacier!
- Columbia Mountain in Canada
- The Grand Canyon – Because, well it’s the Grand Canyon and there is no better way to see it! You will be able to also see the Vegas Strip, Hoover Dam and the Mohave desert when in the heli!
- Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe – Where two kilometer sheets of water create the border between Zimbabwe and Zambia where rainbows from the falls can be seen from 20 kilometers away.
- Rio de Janeiro – Fly over the granite mountains that surround Rio’s Corcovado Bay which include the Sugar Loaf Mountain and of course flying over the Christ the Redeemer statue.
- Kauai in Hawaii – Fly above Hawaii’s oldest island where you can circle most the island seeing the remote cliffs Na Pali coast and Waimea Canyon referred to the Grand Canyon of the Pacific. As well as the Waialeale Crater that has 5000 foot walls and wispy waterfalls.
Run A 5K
Just the idea of considering running a 5K can be daunting! But good thing there are ways to prep yourself to complete this bad boy! Mayo Clinic offers us a myriad of tips that we can use to get read for this baby that include:
- Week One – Run/walk for 30 minutes for 3 days out of the week, 2 of them you walk 30 minutes and rest 2 days in between your schedule. But on Saturday complete a run/walk for 3 miles.
- Week 2 repeat the same schedule but 3.5 miles on Saturday.
- Week 3 run/walk 2 miles, but on one of those miles do a Magic Mile where you run/walk it at faster pace than you usually do.
- Week 4 complete regular weekly routine but on Saturday, run/walk 4 miles.
- Week 5 complete regular weekly schedule but on Saturday run/walk 2 miles with another Magic Mile where you try to beat your previous magic mile score. Turn the heat up on this mile!
- Week 6 complete weekly schedule but on Saturday run 4.5 miles.
- Week 7 (last week) complete regular weekly schedule but this week will be the week of your 5K race. Rest the day before and the day after the race!
Learn How To Speed Read
There are awesome courses that can allow us to learn at a faster rate as well as help us retain more information that we read. This can help us accelerate our learning rate in any and every topic we ever want to learn about! Other reasons to learn how to speed read include:
- Improved memory as it challenges our brain to perform at a higher level.
- Better Focus – Cranking up your words per minute (WPM) will increase your focus. Speed reading increases focus on what we are reading and life itself.
- More Self Confidence – We develop a feeling of competency that comes from being great at something.
- We gain more depth in life from learning more and faster.
- We improve our logic as we exercise our brain at a faster rate. Our brain becomes more efficient at sorting information and linking together things in our mind.
- Emotional well being from sinking into a nice book and blocking out the world. Likened to meditation, known as active meditation.
Learn How To Type Faster
This is a skill that we all can benefit from in the world that we live in! I mean life revolves around our computers. If we learn to type faster, we can more more efficient at work with emails and documents. Other benefits of speed typing include
- Be more accurate with your typing, as courses that teach you how to type faster highlight your mistakes.
- Make you more valuable in the work place or look better on an application.
- Improve your focus. No more looking at the keyboard when you type! This will increase your productivity as well and help you with time management.
- Increase posture as you will be potentially spending less time at your desk hovering over things you need to type out.
A couple free apps for learning how to type faster include:
Attend A Red Carpet Event! (See Your Favorite Stars)
Impossible? No way! Below are a few tips on how to successfully attend a red carpet event:
- Find out when it is going to be through a simple Google search. Track things like when the Oscars, Grammy’s, Emmy’s and events like this are going to be. Where you can see 100’s of celebrities!
- Find out the best time to arrive. Sits often will state the starting time and arrive a few hours before to get the best spot to see stars. There is usually a fan zone where only a certain amount of people are allowed to stay in which is closest to the stars.
- Try to locate a paparazzi as he/she will know all the best spots to see the stars coming through!
Go To A Music Festival
This can give you an experience of a lifetime. Some of the best spots in the world at attend a music festival are:
- Donauinselfest – In Vienna where over 3.1 million people gathered in 2016. Best part, it is free with over 200 acts where legends often perform.
- Summerfest – Referred to as “The people’s party.” It is the largest music festival in the USA. You can get an all-access day pass for as cheap as 20 bucks! More than 800 acts are put on and legendary bands always perform.
- Mawazine – In Africa where over 2 million people come out to see acts with mega celebrities always performing.
- Woodstock – This rock fest is held in Poland. 1 million people usually show up to this baby. A admittance is free.
- Coachella – Some of the most well respected music gods show up here in Indio California.
Drive The Atlantic Ocean Road
The Atlantic Ocean Road in Norway is known as one of the most scenic drives in the entire world. It is on the edge of the sea. It arches and curves over big waves of the Norwegian Sea that often times crash over onto the pavement. It also consists of eight excitingly terrifying bridges. It is designated as the Cultural Heritage site and a National Tourist Route.
Attend A Hawaiian Luau
Some of the things you can expect from going to a Hawaiian Luau include an awesome dinner based off of traditional Hawaiian food served in buffet style. Polynesian dancers and music shows. Usually a Lei greeting. Inclusive drinks that are iconic for the Hawaiian terrain. Often times there are games to be played as well as Hawaiian arts and crafts set up around the location. And at the end, there will be an epic Samoan Fireknife dancer!
Go To The World Series (Hopefully Game 7)
The crowd will be electric, and the memory will be solidified into your brain forever! Hopefully your favorite team will be in in and they will push it to a game 7 where your team will end up winning it all!
Find A Four Leaf Clover
Luck of the Irish! It is said that there is about one 4 leaf clover in every 10,000 clovers! When you find one, laminate it and keep that baby! They are known to be lucky and bring it’s owner continuous luck!
But how do you go about finding a 4 leaf clover? Well there is a great article that talks about just that, titled “How To Find A 4 Leaf Clover” giving us tips that include:
- Locate areas in your neighborhood that have clover patches.
- Don’t look at every single one, this takes too much time and effort. Instead get close to the clovers and scan them quickly and closely until something catches your eye. It could be a 4 leaf clover!
- Pass your hands through the cloves, checking cloves with extra sleeves.
- If you find one, keep looking in that area. They are a genetic mutation and tend to cluster close together as the seeds spread along the same terrain.
- Remember that they don’t almost come with completely even leaves. Often times they can be smaller or in different shapes.
Tour The White House
Did you know that the White House required 570 gallons of paint in order to cover the entire outside surface? Neither did I! It is also able to serve dinner to up to 140 different guests at once. There are 412 doors, 147 windows, 8 staircases, 3 elevators and 28 fireplaces! Consisting of a total of 132 rooms, 35 bathrooms and stands 6 stories high.
If you are planning on visiting DC anytime soon, consider checking out the White House! You can do so my requesting a tour though your own Member of Congress. And should be submitted no less than 21 days in advance.
There are self guided tours available Tuesday through Saturday and are free of change.
Tie A Knot In A Cherry Stem With Your Tongue
Maybe one of the coolest party tricks of all time. And a great way to get some high fives and maybe even a date! Here is a great site that tells you how to tie a cherry stem in a knot.
Learn How To Drive Stick Shift
Driving a stick shift can make you instantly feel as if you are a character in one of the Fast & The Furious movies. You can learn how to drive stick shift by following the following steps:
- Push down the clutch all the way to the floor with the gear shifter in neutral.
- Turn the key in the ignition.
- Press the brake with your right foot.
- Position the shifter so that the transmission is placed in first gear.
- Take your right foot off of the brake pedal.
- Lightly place less pressure with your left foot on the clutch. It may ease forward at this point slowly.
- Delicately press the accelerator with your right foot.
- Once the clutch has been completely released you will be driving in first gear, pressing on the gas.
- Building up speed until you feel the need to go into second gear. Which to shift into second gear, take your right foot off of the accelerator and at the exact same time activating the clutch with your left foot. Proceed to move the shifter into second gear and let go of the clutch as you begin to push on the gas again. Repeat this process as you drive faster.
Participate In A Flash Mob
These epic shows are initiated online where the organizers have website, mailing list or even viral messages that give instructions on where and when the flash mob will occur. Here is the best site to check for flash mobs and find one that you can participate in! Check For Flash Mobs
Go To Comic Con Dressed Up!
How epic would it be to geek out and go to a meet up that embraces geeks! You can do just this at Comic Con.
Watch a Sunset From An Airplane
Anyone can go to the beach and watch the sunset! But not everyone can say they have been 30,000 feet above the good Lords green earth and done so!
Get a selfie and make your followers jelly!
Get A Star Named After You
Egotistical, yeah probably. Cool, hell yea! A great site offers this service to where they only pick stars to name after you that are visible at any place on the entire earth for a year of the earths rotation. When you order, you will get an individual star chart just prepared for you and you only. The star chart will allow you to easily orient yourself with the starry night and locate your star effortlessly.
Meme’s, to me at least, are life. They have brought me more laughter than almost anything else in life. Why not immortalize yourself by creating a meme of you and even some friends?! Put that baby online and maybe, just maybe, you could go viral!
Slow Dance In The Rain
This one is for all the my romantic friends out there! Grab your guy or gal and get out there. Get incredibly wet and enjoy a nice slow dance in the downpour. Bring a waterproof phone and do so to your favorite song!
See A Play On Broadway
Seeing a Braodway play can be one of the most memorable experiences of all time. You are witnessing some of the best actors essentially doing improv. There is no reminds or cuts. Just straight acting on the biggest and most renowned stage in the entire world.
You go get there early or stay late and try to grab some autographs from your favorite stars and upcoming talent. Plus you will be in NY, the city that never sleeps! Where being there is simply like living in a fairy tale.
Visit The First Starbucks
Visit the spot where it all happened, where Howard Schultz broke ground and started it all in Seattle, Washington. You can find the exact spot at 1912 Pike Place right on the water. It is 1000 square foot. The lines are known to run out the door ant to the stop sign down the street!
Everything in the store is original, just as they created it many decades ago. There is brass labels on the coffee bins, a big Pork’n Beans sculpture created originally for the 2001 Pigs on Parade and the bar is slightly higher than all the rest of the Starbucks so that you can see your drinks being made.
Participate In A Spartan Race
This. Is. SPARTA! If you ever wanted to test your physical and mental strength and get rewarded for doing so, a SPARTAN race is for YOU! The best thing about them is that they range from 3 mile races to marathon length races. Where on the journey to the finish line, you will encounter various obstacles try to deter you from your goal. Obstacles like a fire jump, climbing under barbed wire, climbing walls, mud climbing, spear throwing and rope climbs.
Go To Mr. Olympia (In Las Vegas!)
Go check out the stages legends like Lou Ferrigno, Arnold Schwarzeneggar, Jay Cutler, Ronnie Coleman and Phil health have graced. You will witness some of the biggest and baddest bodybuilders and physique competitors from around the world here.
It just happens to be held in the city of sin, Las Vegas. Some of the best things to do in Vegas other than go to see Mr. Olympia include taking a picture underneath the “Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas” iconic sign. Watching the fountains shoot up over a hundred feet high at the Bellagio. Tour the Hoover Damn. Cehck out Red Rock Canyone National Conservation Area. Go on the observation wheel which is a ferriss wheel that is 550 feet tall! Check out the Las Vegas Eiffel Tower. And the Aquarium at the Mandalay Bay Casino.
Dine At the Seinfeld Cafe
If you are human, chances are damn good that you have seen at least one episode of Seinfeld. Monk’s Cafe is where many scenes took place from the NBC sitcom. But its true name is om’s Restaurant. Located on 112th Street and Broadway in New York, near the legendary Columbia University.
To get the most out of this experience, try to reserve the first or second booth from the entrance as this is where the main cast would sit and chat it up.
Own Your Own Home
Create A Passive Stream Of Income
Some of the best ways to create passive streams of income or types of spots where the overhead is low and the return is high. Duh right?? But where can you find things like this? Well here are a couple ideas: RV Parks and Storage Units. If you can own one of these spots or even create a joint venture with other investors, it can literally be the closest thing to easy money you can get. Other ways to create a passive stream of income include:
- Crowd Funded Real Estate: You can get started for as little as 500 dollars and can be in the real estate game through real estate investment trusts.
- Peer to Peer Lending: This is where you loan money to other people who can’t qualify for traditional loans where you can yeild 3-8 percent on your investment.
- Open A High Yield Account: It is a safe way to where you can make 1-2 percent off your money, literally the easiest form of passive income!
- Online Income: Blogging, affiliate income, lead generation sites, online stores and online stores with drop shipping.
- Vending Machines
- License your own photos: Get your photos approved and sold through the likes of online sites that do so and earn royalties off each one!
Start a Blog! (Passion Project)
Have you ever felt like you have more to say, but just don’t have the platform to do so? Or have you ever simply been passionate about something but don’t know how to channel it? Well if you answered YES to either one of those questions, blogging is for you.
You can write about literally almost anything in the world. And the world is so darn big that there most likely will be a large audience that will read your contact and interact with you. Often times even large enough of an audience to make good money from!
Own Your Own Home
This is a great goal to have for younger and old people. It is an asset to where nowadays, you can get that baby cranking you out some extra funds. By renting or air b&b’ing a room or a garage. It can also be kept in the family and passed down from generation to generation. A legacy that you can start for your family.
Explore A Ghost Town
These spots are just spooky but at the same time exciting! You can almost feel the spirits around you that once (or still do ;)) inhabit these spots. Some of the best ghost towns are:
- Calico Ghost Town, CA
- Rhyolite in Nevada -vwhich has been completely vacated since 1920 due to financial crisis and natural disasters.
- Goldfield, Arizona – A literal formal gold field where mining halted in 1898.
- St. Elmo in Colorado – Only 7 people resided here from it’s original 2000 in 1930, who of which are said to haunt this area to this day!
- Terlingua, Texas
- Virginia City in Montana – Literally a spot where true gun slinging took place in the Old West! Hundreds of historic builds are still erected in a town that has been vacant since 1863.
- Cahawba in Alabama – Also known as the most famous ghost town in Alabama and the states first capital for the 5 short years between 1820 and 1825. The town was a bustling spot to transport and trade cotton before the Civil War and for freeing slaves after the war.
See The Pyramids In Egypt
Here in Giza, you will witness some of the finest natural artifacts known to man. Where hundreds of thousands of people built the pyramids with such precision, it is still mind boggling to those who try to wrap their minds around it. Hey maybe even ride a camel while you are out there too!
Send a Message In A Bottle
Tacky? A bit. But when you think about it, if it makes it to someone thousands of miles away, it is pretty epic. Downright out of a movie! It can either to simply write to someone you want to eventually connect with, bury secrets by journaling them out and sending them to sea, goodbyes to loved ones or even simply jotting down your favorite joke.
This is completely insane when you really think about it LOL. You are jumping off of something really high and simply doing so with one rope attached to you! But that is the point! The act of bungee jumping is not sane at all!
Some of the tallest places to bungee jump from, for those looking to get the rush of a lifetime include:
- Macau Tower in China – Offers a 764 foot plummet free-falling for 6 seconds and getting you 98 feet from the ground at it’s lowest point!
- Verzasca Dam in Switzerland – This 721 foot jump can also be done at night time!
- Bloukrans Bridge in South Africa – This one drops you 709 feet.
- Europabrucke Bridge in Austria – This one is gotten to by driving the twisting and turning streets though the alps where you are able to bunge 630 feet down.
- Niouc Bridge in Switzerland – You are in the middle of a canyon on this one dropping you 623 feet down. The location also offers a 720 foot zipline!
Become a Black Belt
Yes it may take a while to do so, but who cares?! The average adult student whom attends karate classes twice a week on a consistent basis can earn their black belt in around 5 years. But if you are willing to dedicate more time, you can earn a black belt in as little as 2 years!
Conquer Your Biggest Fear
Conquering your fears requires courage. But it deserves to be on our bucket list simply because the more you conquer the fears in your life, the easier life gets. The more exciting life gets! For me, I know my biggest fear is spiders! Some of the worlds most common phobias include:
- (Arachnophbia) Fear of spiders which is said to affect 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men.
- (Ophildiophobia) Fear of snakes.
- (Acrophobia) Fear of heights. Said to affect around 23 millions adults.
- (Aerophobia) Fear of flying. Something that is said to affect 1 out of ever 3 people in some way, shape or form.
- (Cynophobia) Fear of dogs.
- (Astraphobia) Fear of thunder and lightening.
- (Trypanophobia) Fear of injections.
- (Mysophobia) Fear of germs.
Swim In The Biggest Pool In The World
Most pools are about 50 to 100 feet. The regular Olympic swimming pool is 50 meters. But how about 1,013 meters, or a walking 3,324 feet!? You can do so out in Chile at the San Alfonso del Mar resort in Algarrobo. It’s total area measures 19.77 acres and is smack dab right on the beach.
AKA the human bowling ball! That is what zorbing is. You know the where you get in the huge inflatable ball and roll around? These clear gigantic orbs can be done on both flat and sloped terrains. You can get up to three people in a zorb. You can even launch yourself into the water and do some “water walking”, feeling God-like if you will!
Learn To Fly A Plane
You can learn to fly a plane pretty darn quick depending on how fast you want to do the training. This site says you can do so in about 60-80 hours of flight time. This doesn’t include the time spend in the actual ground school to and personal studying. They say that it is best to fly twice a week so that you can so you don’t spend time relearning things you learned that past lessons.
Visit Every Continent
There is a great site that talks about the best places to visit on each continent, giving us the following list:
- North America: Canada
- South America: Chile
- Australia: New Zealand
- Africa: South Africa
- Europe: Czech Republic
- Antartica: A Massive Iceberg!
Learn To Make The Best Bartender Drinks
Everyone loves the bartender! I mean your keeping the booze flowing, mixing up liquid magic! We can learn to make the top 10 drinks to make us be the life of the party at any party, the following are:
- Negroni: Campari, sweet vermouth, gin
- Gin & Tonic: London Dry gin, tonic water and lime wedge
- Martini: Gin or vodka, dry vermouth, orange bitters
- Manhattan: Bourbon or rye whiskey, bitters, sweet vermouth
- Daiquiri: White rum, sugar, fresh squeezed lime juice
- Dark ‘n’ Stormy: Dark Rum, lime, ginger beer
- Sidecar: Cognac or brandy, lemon juice, orange liqueur
- Gimlet: Vodka or gin, Rose’s lime juice or lime juice
- Margarita: Tequila, orange liqueur or triple sec, fresh squeezed lime juice
- Champagne Cocktail: Sparkling wine or champagne, bitters and a sugar cube
See The Forbidden City in China
The Forbidden City is the Citadel of China’s last 24 emperors! It was constructed all the way back in 1420 and is known as the largest ancient palatial structure in the entire world. Over a million people helped build it including 100,000 craftsmen over a 14 year period. It has 980 buildings, 8700 rooms and over 70 palace compounds. IT can host up to 80,000 people a day!
Become Legally Ordained
How cool would it be to be legally able to marry off people in your life? Well you can do so online. Becoming an ordained minister can be in as little as a few hours!
Go On A Submarine Tour
There may be no better way to see marine life than in the comfort of a massive submarine. Some of the best places to go on a submarine tour include:
- Atlantis Kona Submarine Tour
- Maui Atlantis Submarine Adventure
- Catalina Island Day Trip
- Submarine Tour in Los Cabos
- Kona Island Submarine Adventure and Snorkel Dolphin Cruise
Plunge Into The Coolest Underwater Landmarks
Some of the best underwater landmarks to visit include:
- MUSA Underwater Museum in Cancun Mexico
- Jacob’s Well in Wimberly Texas
- The Neptune Memorial Reef in Key Biscayne Florida
- Underwater Waterfall in Mauritius Island
- Whale Diving in the Kingdom of Tonga
- Weeki Wachee Springs in Spring Hill Florida
- Cenote Angelita in Tulum Mexico
- Underwater Hotel Room in Zanibar
- Christ of the Abyss in Key Largo Florida
- Great Blue Hole in Belize
Ride A Segway
Riding a segway is like stepping into the a futuristic movie and deserves a spot on our bucket list items compilation! Some of the best segway tours around the world include:
- Absolutely Chicago Segway
- Segway Tours of Gettysberg
- Italy by Segway
- Segway Experience in Prague Czech Republic
- Segway Costa Rica
- Madsegs out in Madrid
- Chania Segway Tours in Crete Greece
- Segway Tours Copenhagen
- ZuZu out in Jerusalem
Go To A TED Conference
There is no better way to feel distinguished and obtain a ton of value at the same time. You can learn about anything under the sun at TED events including things ranging from current events to personal growth and everything in between. You can even become a speaker at TEDx by:
- Research upcoming TEDx events so that you can have enough time to go through the application process.
- Investigate how you need to apply. Some events have an open call process and other other events consider proposals.
- Respect the Theme. Most events have topics of discussion, respect that theme when you pitch what you want to speak about.
- Make Yourself Findable: Make friends with the organizer or even a past speaker so that you can get recommended.
- Understand TEDx Nature. TED is about sharing “ideas worth spreading.” Don’t pitch anything or try to sell a product. Focus on your story and how you can bring value to the crowd.
Go To The Superbowl
One of the biggest events the world witnesses each year. And the event that produces some of the best and most memorable commercials ever! Going to a superbowl game is a must on our bucket list items!
Go On A Cruise
There may be no better way to see a beautiful place you have wanted to see than on a cruise. You can get deals online so that all the food is included and you have someone helping you with your daily itinerary. Literally a stress free trip!
Trek The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
The Inca Trail is known as one of the most fascinating hikes in all of the world. It was constructed by the Incas over 500 years ago and consists of over 25,000 miles of trail. The trail runs through Chile, Peru and Ecuador. The journey that takes you to Machu Picchu starts in Cuzco Peru.
The 4 day, 3 night hike will trek you up to what is considered the main tourist attraction in Peru. And one of he most visited places in the world, also known as the Lost City of the Incas. You can also travel by train, taking anywhere from 2-4 hours if you want to skip the hike but still see in the Lost City!
Climb A Mountain!
I mean not many people can say that have scaled a darn mountain! This bucket list idea isn’t for the faint hearted. But if you are willing to consider it, here are some of the best mountains in the world to climb:
- Mount Blanc in France – This 15,781 foot mountain towers above the Fabled Camonix Valley Mecca.
- Half Dome in California – Standing 8,839 feet and made of mostly granite, overlooking the entire Yosemite Valley.
- Island Peak in Nepal – Known as the next best thing to Everest and stands 20, 305 feet high.
- Mount Whitney in California – Standing 14,505 feet above the earths surface and known as the tallest mountain in the lower 48 states.
- Mount Evans in Colorado – This one you can actually drive in a car all the way to the top. It is famosu for being shown in the background of a Monday Night Bronco Football Game.
- Mount Washington in New Hampshire – Standing at a mere 6,289 feet and is paved all the way to the top. It is not known for it’s height, but how ferocious the weather can get near and atop it’s summit.
- Grand Teton in Wyoming – Standing 13,775 and has a guide service that leads thousands of people a year to the summit.
- Kilimanjaro in Tanania – Stands 19,341 feet high and is a dormant volcano. It can be completed in a 5 day hike.
- Mount Kosciuszko in Australia – The highest mountain in Australia standing 7,310 feet.
- Mount Fuji in Japan – Standing 12,388 feet just south of Tokyo.
Plant a A Tree & Watch It Grow
This is how we can witness the magnificent power of mother nature at work. The life giving force of the earth can be seen thorough planting a tree and watching it grow. As it grows, you can etch your name of even the names of you and your significant other in it. Making it yours forever.
The best time to plant a tree is during a dormant season in the fall or early in the spring. These times boast cool enough weather that will allow plants to take root. To make sure you find a good planting spot, make sure you located all underground utilities before doing so. Dig the hole three times wider than the root ball, but only as deep as the root ball.
It necessary stake the tree as studies have shown that a tree can establish itself more quickly along with develop itself stronger if it isn’t staked. But if need be stake that baby down. Make sure that when you plant your tree that you aren’t growing it over power lines!
Learn A Strategy Game
Learning a good strategy game can challenge your brain and give you a solid past time. It can also be a great bonding experience and at the end of the day there is a board game for everybody, suiting everyone’s needs. Some of the best strategy board games include:
- Ravensburger Labyrinth
- Puerto Rico
- 7 Wonders
Go To Mardi Gras
Some of peoples wildest adventures and stories have come from going to Mardi Gras. It is weeks full of parades, partying and balls. It boasts epic performances by some of the biggest stars around at the Superdome Ball. Star studded krewe parades. The best part about it is that all the parades are completely free. But some of the money you do spend goes to supoort local charities and organizations! It is like a vacation for a cause!
Go To Ocktoberfest
Ocktoberfest in Munich is one of the biggest festives in the world. It spans over a couple of weeks where millions of people come to take a part in it. Seven million litres of alcohol is consumed each year!
But there is plenty more to do at Ocktoberfest, some of the best things to do are:
- Eat classic Bavarian foods
- Enjoy traditional dancing and musical shows
- Attend the massive and epic parades
- Go on the festival roller coaster
- Take a walk through the English Garden, one of the biggest parks in the world spanning over 900 acres.
- Check out Marienplatz, the heart of the city, boasting beautiful architecture build 100’s of years ago.
- Go river surfing
- See a life sized puppet show.
- Check out the Deutsches Museum
- Check out the BMW Museum
- Take a tour through the Residenz Royal Palace seeing thrings from Egyptian Art to Crown Jewels.
Go White Water Rafting
White water rafting is one of the biggest adrenaline rushes of all time. You also get a mad tough workout while doing so! This is one of the bucket list items for my friends who like to live life on the edge! Some of the best places to go white water rafting include:
- Colorado River that goes through the Grand Canyon!
- Zambezi River in Zambia – The most famed African big water river. Don’t be suprised if you cruise past some crocodiles and hippos along the way!
- Chilko River in British Colombia – This river weaves it’s way through alpine forests and glaciated peaks and one of the most notorious white water rafting experiences in Northern America.
- Futaleufu River in Chile – This whitewater adventure is known as the FU and spans over a course of several days!
- Colorado River that goes through Cataract Canyon in Utah. One of the largest class 5 rapids in the states.
- Middle Fork of the Salmon River in Idaho
- Tuolumne River in California – This 18 miles river is packed with waters that come straight from the melted snow above and is best to ride it in late May through mid June!
Ride A Gondola In Venice
Known as the symbol of Venice. You are essentially buying your ticket onto your own romantic comedy scene! Gondola rides revert back to the 11th century. But then they were only a mode of transport. Mostly as a shuttle service talking people back and forth between the canals.
Nowadays, since the prices of pretty much everything is going up, it may cost you a good amount to hitch a ride on one of these iconic hand built boats. But it’s worth it.
You can also negotiate your price with your captain as well as fit up to 6 people in a boat at one time. Splitting the price up nicely.
Go To The Playboy Mansion
Sites like Stubhub.com can get you into Hef’s pad for under a grand! Grab some pics with the playmates, check out an exotic car show and stroll around the grounds like a boss!
You can even upgrade to the VIP pass for multiple thousands of dollars! You can grab a cabana package inside the Playboy Mansion that allows access for 6 people that lets you guys get Premium Spirit Bottle Service for the entire night, rotation of the playmates along with the models in your cabana. AND some of your money is going to charity!
Take A Shot of Louis XIII
This 1.5 ounce glass of liquor will run you around a 100 bucks. But it will essentially solidify you as a certified badass. If you really want to let it flow, literally, you can drop 22,000k and act like your an A-list celebrity!
Check out Stonehedge
First off, you will be in London which should be on any travelers bucket list! Stonehedge is 90 miles west of central London and has a bus stop two miles east.
You will be viewing artifacts that were built 5000 years ago in around 3000 BC. Stoneheadge was built by the Neolithic people, with each stone standing around 13 feet high. Each stone weight around 25 tons. It is truly a British Cultural icon and home to many ancient burials!
You can see Stonehedge through the likes of a bus that takes you straight there from London, use public transport or taking your own care from London.
Attend An Opera At The Sydney Opera House
You know the massive white structure that is shown in almost every picture related to Sydney Australia! You can check out an epic play inside this iconic building.
The building itself was designed by Jon Utzon and was formally opened to the public in 1973 and was known then as the structure that changed twentieth century architecture. It also just happens to occupy the whole entire Bennelong Point on the famous Sydney Harbor.
You can check out one of 40 shows that are performed each week.
Go To Mount Rushmore
Visting Mount Rushmore is a pretty epic thing to do. You will be visiting the Shrine of Democracy as it is often referred to!
Morning is known as the best time to check out Mount Rushmore as the rising sun casts a golden sunny glow on the faces of or forefathers! You can also dine at Carver’s Cafe that offers you the chance to dine while looking at the faces of legends!
After you are done eating, you can get an up close and personal view on the half mile Presidential Trail. You can also learn some history as well as listen to stories about Mount Rushmore when you participate in a free ranger walk.
Walk on The Hollywood Walk of Fame
There are over 2000 five pointed terazzo and brass starts embedded along a stretch of 15 blocks of Hollywood Blvd in the iconic Hollywood, California. It bears the names of some of the most famed actors, directors, musicians, fictional characters and more.
The first star ever permanently pressed into the Walk of Fame was Joanne Woodward. Ever since then there are a couple dozen new inductees. If you plan it right, you can see a ceremony of a new star immortalized into the streets of LA!
114 – Feel the Mist at Niagra Falls!
Did you know that 3160 tons of water flow over Niagra Falls EVER SINGLE SECOND!?
When you check this one off your bucket list, you can literally stay you stepped into the oldest state park. Niagra Falls consists of over 400 acres of lush landscape all open to you to be explored!
You can start your day off with some food at the Top of the Falls Restaurant offering panoramic views of the falls. Learn more about the Falls at the Discovery Center and then take a hike into the Niagra Gorge to check out the old ruins of the Schoellkopf Power Plant!
You can also get incredibly close to the Falls at the Cave of Winds where you descend 175 feet into the Niagra Gorge on the Hurricane Deck.
If you have time to kill, make sure you take a guided tour to learn about the rich history of one of America’s most iconic tourist destinations!
Search For The Loch Ness Monster
When checking this one off the bucket list, you will be deep in the Scottish Highlands and potentially home to one of the most famed legendary monsters of all time. The Loch Ness Monster, AKA Nessie at it’s deepest point.
Nessie was first spotted in the 16th century. A man said he saw it drag a soon to be saint into the depths. Another man said he witnessed a terrible being emerge out of the water and swallow three men
Scotland is incredibly beautiful. So if you don’t luck out and catch a sighting of Nessie, there is still plenty to do!
You can check out Urquhart Castle which was built back in the 12 century. Grab lunch and buy some gifts for friends back home at the gift shop down at the Village of Drumnadrochit. Go to Fort Augustus which was a first created as the headquarters for English General Wade, a massive fortress. As well as fish in the lake or in the historic Loch Oich and Invergarry river.
Check Out The Leaning Tower Of Pisa
The tower itself leans because when it was built in the 1100’s for the purpose of being a belltower, it’s started to lean after 3 of the 8 stories were created due to the foundation stones being laid on top of soft ground. It currently is 5 meters off perpendicular.
In order to balance the tower out, the stories above the first 3 were built slightly taller on the short side. Although in theory, this should have helped, the weight of the extra floors caused it to sink and lean even more.
Today you can climb nearly 300 marble steps that lead to the top and admire the city and it’s surroundings.
Stairs of Tianmen Mountain (Stairway to Heaven)
There is a cable car climb for about 30 minutes that takes you up almost the entire Tianmen Mountain which leads you to what is referred to as the Gateway to Heaven.
Once you step out of the cable car, you will walk 999 feet up to what is known as the highest naturally formed arch in the entire world. AKA the stairway to heaven. The number 9 actually has much significance in Chinese numberology as it represents eternity and fortune.
The actual cave is 430 feet tall and 190 feet wide!
It is also home to the longest cable car ride in the entire world, 4 miles, and home to the epic 4700 feet glass skywalk miles above the earth!
Hike On Rainbow Mountain in Peru
This mountain range in Peru is an absolute sight to see. Now you can literally be somewhere over the rainbow! One of the mountains, Vinicunca, also known as the Montana de Siete Colores which means Mountain of Seven Colors, is located in the Andes. It takes a 3 hour drive to get from Cusco. And the entire hike is about 6 miles.
The mountain is shaded in different colors because of melted ice which mixed with minerals in the ground like rust, iron sulphide, chlorite and limonite.
The best time to visit to really see the colors at their most vibrant as well as make for good pictures are in the morning or evening hours. Also on days where it is not raining or snowing.
Go To A Murder Mystery Dinner
If you are at all into mystery books or movies, this is your gig. Murder mystery dinners allow their guests to cooperate with each other to solve a fictitious murder scene. More often than not you will walk away with a ton of laughs as they are comedic in their style.
The main objective of the night is for the audience to gather clues that are given to them through the plot and then use those clues to solve the murderer as well as what their motives where.
Props and costumes are usually offered to guests and will be teamed up with other participants.
They also provided a multi-course meal so you won’t be leaving hungry!
Go to the Holi Festival
The Holi festival is held once a year and is known as the most celebrated festivals out of all of India. Also, known as the festival of love, it’s meaning is to unite together to forget all resentments and bad feelings towards each other.
It is the one where everyone is throwing multiple variations of colors at each other. Depicted in many movies set in India as well as campaign videos.
The Festival of Colours starts by lighting up a massive bonfire one day before. Which is a process of symbolizing the triumph of good over bad.
Temples of Bagan
Looking out at the Temples of Bagan are an extraordinary site to see. They span as far as the eye can see. Bagan itself is an ancient city located in the Mandalay Region of Myanmar. Over the 200 year period between the 11th and 13th centuries, 10,000 Buddhist temples and pagodas were built. Over 2000 of them still remain on the land to this day.
Other than viewing these ancient temples, you can also check out the sunrise from one of the temples. The spot is also famous for offering hot air balloon rides over the temples, giving youa birds eye view of the ancient city. As well as shop for a variety and different produce and food in the local market place where you can really get to know the Bagan culture.
Lock a Love Lock
I mean if your anything like me, your a hopeless romantic and would love the idea of immortalizing your love. Although maybe not as far as getting it tattooed on your body!
That is why love locks are so great. Legend has it for most of these fountains and bridges is that once you lock a lock with the initials of you and your mate, your love will be forever locked and set up a lifetime of harmonious love. There are many places around the world you can do this, some of the best love lock bridges to do so are:
- Locks Fountain in Uraguay
- Mala Strana District in Prague
- Mount Huang in China
- Butchers Bridge in Slovenia
- Luzhkov Bridge in Moscow
- Brooklyn Bridge in New York
- Ponte Milvio in Rome
- Most Ljubavi in Serbia
- Hohenzollern Bridge in Colgne
- Points des Arts Bridge in Paris
Learn How To Juggle
Sometimes written tutorials just don’t serve the entire purpose or learning experience of the reader! And I care about your learning experience very much so! So here is a video tutorial of how to juggle so you can become the life of the party within seconds!
Stay In An Ice Hotel
It is like the modern day igloo! Ice hotels provide an experience of a lifetime. Some of the best Ice Hotels in the world are:
- Kirkenes SNowhotel in Sor-Vananger, Norway – You can even do some King Crab fishing here and often times catch a sighting of the Northern Lights.
- Snow Village in Kittila, Finland – Located 120 miles north of the Artic Circle where snow tunnels lead you to your rooms, an ice restaurant, an ince bar and even an igloo disco!
- ICEHOTEL in Jukkasjarvi, Sweden – Staying here will give your the opportunity to try ice sculpting, take part in a winter wilderness survival class as well as indulge in a 3 course dinner.
- Sorrinsniva Igloo Hotel in Alta, Norway – Here you can sleep in igloo style than hit the sauna in the morning to warm up for breakfast. Snowmobiling is done on the open landscape of Finnmark. As well as reindeer sledding potentially under the Northen Lights.
- Hotel de Glace in Quebec City, Canada – There is a tube slide of ice, hot tubs and snow vaults. It is a highly trafficed celebrity location as many TV Shows and movies are often filmed on site.
Ride a Mechanical Bull
So you are reading a blog that offers information on how to do things as well as get better than them. I am not letting you out of here without giving you some tips on how to ride a mechanical bull like a boss! They include:
Grip: Always use the rope or leather strap. It is easier to hold and you won’t get hurt like you could with a metal handle. Hold the strap with your non-dominant hand.
Hold your free hand up in the air in the shape of an L for balance. Position yourself so that you are far up in the saddle as possible which will minimize movement. Then squeeze the bull with hour legs. Keep your feet in front of you.
Dig your heels into the side of the bull, like stirrups, and keep your toes pointed outwards. Then watch only the head of the mechanical bull because it will indicate directional changes and will help you maintain your balance.
As the bulls head moves down, you lean back. When the head moves down, you move backwards. It is simply about doing the opposite movement as the bull is.
Building A Home For The Poor
There may be no better feeling in the world than building a home for a family that would not have been able to afford one. The best part about it is that there are organizations that set up most of the process for you so that you don’t have to to it yourself. Some of the best charities that build homes for people
- Building Homes For Heroes – This organization was founded in 2006 and builds homes exclusively for wounded veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.
- Habitat For Humanity – One of the biggest non-profit organizations in the world.
- Home For Our Troops – Focuses on creating homes for wounded veterans in our most recent war.
- The Fuller Center For Housing – Homeowners work with construction volunteers to build new homes. Materials are bought by the owner but no profit is made off the homes.
- The Make It Right Foundation – Brad Pitt founded this one back in 2007 building eco-friendly homes.
This epic festival is held in the town of Bunol which is east of Spain. It is an annual festival which it’s date falls always in the end of August. Participants literally get into a massive tomatoe fight purely for entertainment!
The fight goes on for about an hour or two, which afterwards firetrucks hose down the area. The citric acid from the tomatoes being washed down leaves the washed surfaces much cleaner.
There is also a pre-party as well as transportation options if you need them.
The Igazu Falls straddle the boarder of Brazil and Argentina and became a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1984. The Devils Throat, the tallest part of the waterfalls, is twice the height as Niagra Falls and almost three times as wide.
1500 cubic meters of water flow from it every second on average and up to 15000 meters per second!
The entire Igazu Falls is made up of a sytstem of 275 waterfalls spanning a width of 2.7 kilometers.
It also happens to be in the middle of an inland rainforest in South America called the Atlantic Rainforest, allowing you to be immersed in lush terrain while seeing this wonder. The rainforest itself is home to over 2000 plant species, 400 bird species as well as 80 types of mammals.
Watch The Ball Drop In Time Square
There is something incredibly surreal and romantic about this experience. You will be witnessing live what most people around the world will be watching. And doing so in one of the most fascinating towns in the entire world – New York, NY.
The New Years Eve ball descends from a flagpole on top of One Times Square and to get the best view, it is said to get a spot along Broadway from 43rd Street to 50th Street. Along with on Seventh Avenue and as far as 59th street. The ball as well as the video screens of the ball dropping are easily seen from these spots.
Get there as early as possible to get a good spot! At the end, you will be immersed in confetti as more than one ton of confetti is dropped into Time Square!
130 Solve a Rubix Cube
Doing so essentially makes you a genius! Ok well not really, but you have to admit that it would be bad ass to do so! A great site talks about how to solve a rubiks cube in 5 easy steps which you can access by clicking on the link. Or you can check out this video, which is one of the best around for showing us how to solve a rubiks cube!
Stay At An Underwater Hotel
Have you ever wanted to feel completely one with nature? Well you can do just that by taking the plunge and checking in a an underwater hotel. Some of the best underwater hotels in the world include:
- Poseidon Underwater Resort in Fiji. The resort is located forty feet under the oceans surface and comes in at a price tag of 10,000 a night!
- Shimao Wonderland Intercontinental in China – 380 rooms that is built on the site of an abandoned quarry in Songjang. It has two underwater floors.
- Lovers Deep in St. Lucia Caribbean. This is a submarine that is for couples looking to have a getaway.
- Manta Resort in Zanzibar Tanzania – It is mostly seafront villas but has one underwater room for 1500 a night!
- Conrad Rangali Island in Maldives – This spot was rated the most beautiful restaurant in the world by New York Daily News in 2014. It is restaurant the seats 12 people put can be bought for around 12K a night for a couples getaway.
- Atlantis The Palm Dubai in UAE – The underwater rooms come fully equipped with a 24/7 private butler, dolphin encounters and massages!
Go Hang Gliding
There is something about being in a hang glider that just states you are ready to conquer life head on. It allows you to face a big fear and walk away knowing that you can conquer just about anything! Below are some of the best places in the world to go hang gliding:
- Kitty Hawk Arkansas – This is home of the Wright Brothers, needless to say feelings of nostalgia are epic here.
- Rio De Janeiro in Brazil – You can fly over hills, beaches and iconic Brazilian landmarks. Most of the flights start at Pedra Bonita in the Tijuca rainforest!
- Interlaken District in Swizerland
- Kahului in Hawaii – Here you will fly over tropical forests, rugged cliffs and the Pacific Ocean.
- La Jolla in California – Hang gliding here will shoot you over the cliffs of Black’s Beach.
- Fethiye in Turkey – This spot takes off from Mount Babadag and some of it’s neighboring peaks flying over the Oludeniz lagoon and landing you on an epic beach below.
- La Toree, Valley de Brave in Mexico
- Salt Lake City in Utah
Get A Selfie In Front of Big Bens Mighty Clock
The bell itself on the Big Ben Tower Clock weights 15.1 tons! When taking this selfie, you will be right in the London borough of Westminister. It was originally known as St. Stephen’s Tower until 2012 when the tower was renamed the Elizabeth Tower.
The hands of the clock span a distacne of 14 feet an 9 feet long. With the clock standing 320 feet tall.
It is certainly one of the biggest and well known icons of London.
Salar De Uyuni
Salar De Uyuni is considered on of the most remarkable vistas in all of the Earth. It is a massive salt flat spanning 4050 square miles making it the worlds largest.
What is awesome about it is that at certain times of the year, lakes nearby overflow and spread a thin layer of water over the flat. The water reflects the sky off of the flat, making it look otherworldly!
It is also home to the worlds first salt hotel!
Plus you will be in Bolivia in South America where there is plenty more to do like:
- Go check out the train graveyard in the Andean plain where massive steel trains have been destroyed by the salt winds.
- See the red lake of Laguna Colorada which is 4000 meters above sea level and is the home to many flamingos.
- See dinosaur footprints, as many as 5000 of time of hem in Sucre.
- Taste the peanut butter fruit.
- Check out Valle de Las Animas that boasts needle like rock formations.
- Go to Bolivia’s Witch Market where there are ACTUAL witches who are seeling dried llama fetuses which somehow represent good luck!
danube bike trail
Taking a tour of the Buckingham Palace will allow you to check out the massive iconic royal palace, one of the few remaining. There are 775 rooms in the Palace with 19 State Rooms and 78 bathrooms.
A few of these rooms were used for the Royal Wedding reception for the wedding of William and Kate.
The palace is created of marble columns, sumptuous carpets, exquisite furniture, beautiful works of art and damask wallpaper.
On of the main attractions is the bronze Grand Staircase. It is a double balustrade staircase made of some of the finest bronze casting work of all time.
The Palace is also home to over 350 clocks and watches which makes it one of the largest collections of working clocks in the entire world! Where it takes 2 full times works to wind and maintain them!
And Prince Charles himself records and audio tour for you to use as you stroll your way through the palace.
After checking out the inside, you can walk around the massive 39 acre gardens of the Buckingham Palace. As well as hang out at the pristine 3 acre lake.
Check Out The Ijen Volcano Complex
The main attraction are the blue sulfer flames that emit off of Ijen Caldera. Which the locals The Blue Fire. The blue flames were mentioned by National Geographic and have made them a massive tourist attraction. You can get a up close and personal view of natures fantastic show of the blue flames through the likes of a 2 hour hike which will take you to the rim of the crater.
Followed by a 45 minute hike to the bank of the crater. Where you will see the blue fire emerging from the cracks, reaching a temperature of 1,112 degrees, some of which reach 16 feet high.
The complex of volcano’s is also home to the Banyuwangi Regency of East Java in Indonesia. The Ijen Volcano has a one kilometer wide turquoise colored acidic crater lake.
It is recognized as the largest highly acidic carter lake in the entire world. Also where there are large sulfur clouds being emitted from the earths surface.
You can also see real life sulfur mining in the midst of this beautiful tourist attraction.
Travel Somewhere Alone
There are so many benefits of traveling alone that you just don’t get with a group. One of the main ones being a feeling and sense of empowerment. Knowing you can make it on your own! It is a true act of bravery. The challenges of traveling that are conquered by you and you alone will bring a deep sense of self confidence.
You also have total and complete control, AHHH! You dictate your schedule, the sights you want to see, what time you want to wake up and go to bed. EVERYTHING! No more waiting around for people or seeing something you don’t really want to see that the rest of the group does!
It also provides you with the time to connect with yourself. You can enjoy some self reflection time and get to know yourself.
Lastly, you will make more friends than you would if you were with a group. You will be forced to engage with the culture where you are traveling, making short or even long lasting friendships!
Fly in A Fighter Jet
Yes they will run you around 2500 hundred bucks for 30 minutes, but this is damn near one of he most bad ass things you can ever do! Doing this bucket list item will make you feel like you are one of the main characters of Top Gun! Some of the best places to fly a fighter jet are:
- California Desert where you can co-pilot L-39 jets ripping through the canyons.
- Toronto Canada where you can co pilot T-33 jets.
- Tampa Florida where you can co-pilot L39 sets and fly over the beautiful tropical terrain.
- Russia’s Insane Aeorbatics where you can take a flight to the Stratosphere! It is the only supersonic jet flight experience in the world!
Some other places where you can fly fighter jets actually allow you fly the plane yourself and even reach near or at the speed of sound are!
Get Your Name In The Guiness Book Of World Records
First thing you want to to is scan through the database and see records you could potentially break! We have all been scanning through the Guinness Book at one time or another and saw a record to where we exclaimed “I bet I could break that one!”.
In order to record your name in this iconic Guinness Book, your record must be :
- Measurable – It must be able to be measured objectively and have a certain unit of measurement, not subjective.
- Breakable – Can the record be broken Titles must be open to being challenged.
- Standardisable – Can it be repated by someone else?
- Verifiable – Can it be proven with accurate evidence.
- Based on one variable – Measured with one unit of measurement.
- The best in the world – No one has done it better than you in the world. If it is a new suggestion, the Guinness World Records will set a challenge minimum for you to beat.
Sleep In A Treehouse
There is no quicker way to bring out your inner child than sleeping in a tree house! It is the ultimate outdoor adventure that will get you out of the hustle and bustle of the city life!
Some of the best places to sleep in a tree house are:
- Edisto River Treehouses in St. George – Immersed in 100 acres of wildlife and right on the edge of a rushing creek and are only accessible by canoe!
- The Treehouse at Winvian Farm in Morris Connecticut – This one puts you 35 feet above the forest floor offering a jacuzzi, epic views of the New England forest, fireplaces, gardens and a farm to table restaurant.
- Out n About Treehouse Treesort in Cave Junction Oregon – You can zip line here, ride on the Tarzan swing, river rafter and go horseback riding in this 36 acre resort.
- River’s Edge Treehouse Resort in Robbinsville North Carolina – Here you will be offered six lodging options with fire pits, lawn games, picnic tables and Adirondack chairs.
- Tree Houses At Post Ranch In at Big Sur California – This 5 star spot offers panoramic ocean views and sits you 9 feet off the floors surface. You will have private patios, skylights, fire places and the opportunity to drive up and down highway 1. One of the most beautiful beach front highways in the world.
Walk Behind a Waterfall
This is one of the best outdoor bucket list items of them all because of it’s simplicity and the fact that it is simply just cool!
Some of the best places in the wold to walk behind waterfalls are:
- Dry Falls in North Carolina – A 75 foot fall.
- Hamilton Pools in Texas
- Watkins Glen In New York – Offers multiple falls you can walk behind in Watkins Glen State Park.
- Horsetail Falls in Oregon – 180 feet tall which you can reach by hiking a quick half mile trail
- Cottage Grove in Oregon – A quick one mile hike will warm you up to check out the cascading galls
- Little Mashel Falls in Washington –
- Silverton Oregon – Silver Falls offer a 7.5 mile loop hike where you can walk behind 4 falls and check out 7 different others.
- Ash Cave In Ohio – This one can be reached by taking the Short George Trail or Rim Trail.
- Memorial Falls in Michigan – This 40 foot waterfall drops down amongst a beautiful serene forest.
- Noccalula Falls in Alabama – This 90 foot waterfall cascades down to it’s base in beautiful Etowah County.
- Buttermilk Falls in Pennsylvania
Rogland Norway (Boulder Between Mountains)
The boulder itself is referred to as Kjeragbolten and is on the mountain Kjerag in Forsand in Rogland County. The rock itself is 5 cubic meters and is accessible without climbing gear!
The scary and epic part about this rock is that it is suspended above a 3228 foot abyss! If you are brave enough, you can also base jump here!
143 – Devils Pool At Victoria Falls
This breathtaking bucket list item will allow you to sit in a pool of water that is on the edge of a waterfall! Just know that only 24 people are aloud in Devils Pool at one time!
It will allow you to swim on the edge of one of the largest waterfalls on the face of our beautiful planet. The rock lip protrudes above the falls that keeps you from plunging over the edge.
There are also often times hippos and crocs in the water too, good company right!?
Swim With Crocodiles (Cage of Death)
Why the heck would this be on anyone’s bucket list, you may be asking!? Well because I am an adrenaline junkie and I think it is totally cool!
The best place to swim with crocodiles is obviously going to be the cage of death out in Australia! You can experience a 5 meter Saltwater crocodile up close and personal for 15 minutes. You will be enclosed in and are allowed 1 to 2 people in the enclosure.
You will first be suspended above the crocs and then lowered into the water!
You know we have all been at the lake or ocean and ask ourselves what the heck THAT person is doing! They are hovering over the waters surface somehow, someway! Almost walking on water if you will!
This my friends is flyboarding and that person is doing just that. So can you! You can reach heights of up to 50 feet and is truly a one of a kind experience.
The power of the device comes from the likes of a jet ski that is controlled by the throttle. Your instructor monitors how well you are doing and will be the one adjusting the power of your flyboard experience.
It is actually very easy to learn, where most people are off and running (flying) in as litte as 1 to 5 minutes.
Pamplona Bull Run (Running of the Bulls)
For all my adrenaline junkie friends out there, this may rank as one of the top things on our bucket list to do. We have all seen pictures depicting this yearly event. The chaos that ensues and the people who seem to have no regard for their safety or well being!
Well you can be a part of this my friends in this traditional festial that takes place each year from the 6th of July to the 14th of July and honor Saint Fermin while doing so!
Although my friends, you must be at least 18 years old to participate and not be drunk!
Wooden fences are set up to contain the bulls and the run is on, starting everyday at 8am!
Go To The Burning Man Festival
100 miles north of reno is the Burning Man. A festival that is about self expression and self reliance out in the Black Rock Desert of Nevada. You can participate in early morning meditation, rock out to late night pulsating music, go on bike adventures, view art installations and more.
The Burning Man is referred to as is referred to as “not a festival, a community. A global cultural movement based on 10 principles.”
Watch Newly Hatched Turtles
There is something about seeing a turtle that makes you go “awwww!” But the experience is taking to the next level when you watch baby turtles hatching! As it all is happening, you will witness, at times 100’s of baby turtles racing their way to the the ocean to feel the water for the first time! Some of the best places to do so are:
- Palau Tioman in Malaysia
- Torteguero National Park in Costa Rica
- Kosgoda in Sri Lanka
- Greece and the Greek Islands
- Ras Al Jinz in Oman
- Puerto Vallarta in Mexico
- Iztuzu in Turkey
- Tofo Beach in Moxambique
- Port Barton in the Philippines
Make Your Own Wine By STOMPING!
Let the vino flow! There are hands on experiences then there are foots on experiences! And this is one of them! OK that was lame but you get the point. It is referred to as maceration. It is done by participants continually squashing grapes in order to release their juices to begin the fermentation process.
Just don’t be like the “Grape Lady” who falls while crushing wine grapes LOL. This hilarious video can be viewed here if you haven’t seen it before, or for reviewing purposes!
Lantern Festival In Thailand
The lantern festival in Thailand allows you to float one of thousands of baskets of covered candles over the river at tonight. The purpose of this yearly ceremony is to cleanse your spirit and is Buddhist in nature.
You can make a wish as you release the candle while enjoying traditional Thai dance shows.
Swim With Dolphins
Swimming with dolphins isn’t just an amazing experiences, there are many health benefits that come from swimming with them, often referred to as aquatic therapy. People note that that become more calm, better emotional behavior and self confidence. It has even helped individuals with autism immensely. There is something enlightening about swimming with this majestic animals. Some of the best places to swim with dolphins include:
- Discovery Cove in Orlando Florida – You get to interact with the dolphins for 30 minutes which includes a dorsal fin ride all the way around the lagoon!
- Dolphinaris in Cancun, Cozumel and Tulum – Not only do you get to swim with dolphins here, you also get to smooch one as well as get a fin shake!
- Dolphin Quest in Hawaii and Bermuda – Here you get to enjoy 15 minutes of dolphin spending times or even be part of a “Trainer for a Week program that offers the experience to spend one on one time where participants assist the on site trainers with feedings as well as health exams for the dolphins.
- Dolphin Cay in the Bahamas – In this 14 acre marine habitat, people of all ages can enjoy shallow water interactions with both dolphins and sea lions!
- Dolphin Research Center in Marathon Florida – This non profit center offers a wade in interactive program with flipper shakes and even how to give dolphins signals to do tricks!
Eat At One of the Worlds Finest Restaurants
There may be no better way to feel like a certified boss and wealthy as hell! Stepping into some of the restaurants I mention below will make you feel as if you have ARRIVED! They also make for some epic selfie opportunities! Hey, you never know, you may bump into one of your favorite celebrities and get to meet them. Checking off one of our previously listed bucket list ideas! Below are some of the nicest restaurants in the world:
- Osteria Francescana in Modena Italy
- El Celler de Can Roca in Girona Spain
- Mirazur in France
- Eleven Madison Park in New York USA
- Gaggan in Bangkok Thailand
- Central in Lima Peru
- Maido in Lima Peru
- Arpege in France
- Mugaritz in Spain
- Asador Etexebarri in Spain
- Quintonil in Mexico City
- Blue Hill at Stone Barns in USA
Rappel Down A Waterfall
The idea is simple. Saddle up in your harness and belay your way down a rushing waterfall! The execution, well maybe a little less simple! But when executed, you feel like you are Bear Grylls! Some of the bst places in the entire world to rappel down a waterfall include:
- Jaco in Costa Rica – 4 Falls here and a grand total of 200 feet of rappelling.
- Bali in Indonesia
- Tijuca National Park In Rio de Janeiro in Brazil – Also the host for the 2016 Summer Olympics and happen to have friendly monkeys hoping around the trees around you!
- Tirol in Australia – Here you get the opportunity to rappel 40 meters.
- Maui Hawaii
- Malagao in Andalucia Spain – Here there are over 14 different rappelling opportunities and is in the Almanchares Canyon in the Sierra Tejada National Park.
- Arenal Volcao in Costa Rica – Super close to the actual volcano and the waterfall you rappel from is accessed through a nice hike through lush terrain!
- Lake Garda in Italy – 100 meter rappel opportunity!
Go On A Road Trip With Your Besties
There may be no better bonding experience in this life other than going on a road trip with your besties. You learn more about them. As well as a lesson in unconditional love as you will most likely be irritated by them on many occasions!
Some of the best toad trips in the world to go on are:
- Wild Atlantic Way in Ireland – 2-4 weeks
- Ring Road in Iceland – 10 ddays to 2 weeks
- Cabot Trail in Canada – 2 to 5 days
- North Coast 500 in Scottland – 5 days to 2 weeks
- Route 66 – USA – 2 to 3 weeks
- Cowboy Trail in Canada – 2 weeks
- Durban to Cape Town in South America – 2 weeks
- South Island in New Zealand – 4 weeks
- Causeway Coastal Route in Northern Ireland – About A Week
- San Francisco to Los Angeles and Everywhere in Between – 1- 2 weeks
The best part about a road trip is about seeing everything in between. Sure you can fly over it, but the experiences are on the way and on the ground!
Ski or Snowboard A Black Diamond
Not many can say they can conquer a black diamond without falling on their rear. A great site offers us a few tips on how to survive a black diamond talking about how we should use our arms for balance. Don’t try to look cool! Just keep your hands out. Control your speed by keeping your board perpendicular to the hill. Never allow it to point down the hill for a long period of time.
Board along the run as much as possible which will allow you to keep your speed manageable.
Use the bumps to your advantage. Pivot off them and always keep your gaze down the hill, keeping your eyes on the prize!
Spend St. Patricks Day in Ireland
You can’t celebrate this day more properly than in the home of green beer! The great part about celebrating St. Patricks Day, AKA Paddy’s Day, in Ireland is that you get a feel for what the holiday is really about. Not just getting trashed. There are very few tourists and a great family fun environment.
Here you will be celebrating amongst the locals of the day that marks St. Patricks death, the fifth century saint. You can attend the St. Patricks Day Parade starting at 100 AM on O’Connell Street that is filled with marching bands, dancers, festival floats that depict mythical beings, different animals and more.
Also if you want to chat it up with some of the locals, there are some epic pubs and festivals going on outside Temple Bar! The party events usually starting wrapping up around 7 pm which can be a great time to find a great pub and settle in for the night, keeping the buzz going strong deep into the night!
Ride In A Limo
We have all seen movies where a kid or adult hops in a limo and puts their head out of the sunroof, soaking in how it feels to be chauffeured around like a rockstar! Everyone needs to experience this at least once. Maybe you can do so to or from the airport. For a friends birthday party. For a wedding. Or just for the hell of it! And so you can be a baller on a budget, here is a great site that offers nation wide deals on limos!
Ride the Highest Roller Coaster In The World
Conquering one of the higest roller coaster in the world will give you with one of the biggest adrenaline rushes of all time. More so than even skydiving! Some of the tallest roller coasters in the world include:
(Still To Come – Skyscraper in Orlando Florida which will offer a 570 foot climb and reach 65 MPH.)
- Kingda Ka – 418 Foot Drop and is the fastest roller coaster in the world clocking in at 128 MPH.
- Top Thrill Dragster – 400 foot drop and labled as a hydraulic launch roller coaster and goes so fast that the ride takes only a mere 30 seconds!
- Red Force – 347 foot drop and reaches 112 MPH in 5 seconds flat!
- Superman – Escape from Krypton – Offers a 328 foot drop and tops out at a speed of 100 MPH!
- Tower of Terror – Offers riders an opportunity to drop 328 feet and then retraces its route backwards!
See A Cirque du Soleil Performance
You will have to go out to Sin City for this one as all the Cirque du Soleil shows are held out in the beloved Vegas! Shows are filled with acrobatics, comedy, swimming, diving, surrealism, productions about love and sex, freestyle dance, extreme sports, aerial performances and more. There is literally a show for everyone.
The top Cirque du Soleil performances are:
- O at the Bellagio
- Zumanity and New York New York
- Love at the Mirage
- KA at MGM Grand
- Mystere at Treasure Island
- CRISS ANGEL Believe at Luxor
- Michael Jackson ONE at Mandalay Bay
Bathe in the Blue Lagoon
For the avid traveler or the fresh out of the gate traveler, a visit to the Blue Lagoon out in Iceland is one the best travel items you can have on your bucket list. The milkish aquamarine colored lake is one of the most beautiful bodies of water on planet Earth. It’s bottom is formed out of formed hardened lava. It even has healing properties in it’s silica mud helping those with skin conditions like exzema.
It is referred to as a geothermal spa where the water regenerates itself every 40 hours. The waters reach temperatures that range from 90 degrees to up to 102 degrees. The most beautiful time to take a dip in the Blue Lagoon is winter time where snow is around you yet you are able to float in hot tub temperature water!
Restore An Old Car
There is something beautiful about restoring something that was once looked upon as used up. Tuning that baby up to where it is the star of the show again. Bringing to life a previous decade and letting it live in this one! My favorite car to restore would be a 67 Yenko Camaro. How about you?
161 – Learn How To Meditate
Learning how to meditate can bring you some great peace of mind which is one of the most important core values in life we can have. The benefits of meditation include heightened sense of self worth, more compassion, better mental health, better physical recovery, optimism and overall sense of well being. It also allows you to connect with yourself and let go of past hurts and limiting beliefs that may be affecting you.
Visit Pompeii (Time Capsule City)
The ancient Pompeii is perhaps the most significant profs of Roman civilization. It reemerged after being buried under the darkness of ash and hardened lava that came out of the eruption of Vesuvius in 79 AD. Today it shows off arts, trades and customs giving you an inside look for what the past life looked like for these people.
Just 16 miles southeast of Naples, Pompeii is the most visited achaeological site in the world. Due to how well the ruins are preserved. Due to the eruption of Vesuvius, the lava instantaneously covered the city, fossilizing buildings, decorations, ornamentations and even people. Making it into a sort of time capsule.
Attend the Rio Samba Parade
One of the biggest attractions on earth, the Samba parade is in Rio and is held to celebrate the Rio Carnival. The epic Carnival in Rio in an annual celebration and is wonderful for experiencing the Brazilian culture.
The cities numerous Samaba schools vie for the position of Grand Champion during th festival. Every Samba school practices a routine for many months prior to the competition and are judged during the Samba parade. It is an epic show where tens of thousands of people gather to witness some of the best choreographic dancing to every be performed.
Go Parhawking in Spain
Talk about blending worlds! Parahawking combines parasailing and falconry. Certain birds of prey are trained to fly with paragliders. Such birds you can fly with are steppe eages, black kite and griffon vultures.
Essentially it is allowing you the experience to fly with birds. The feeling that you are a bird and have wings to fly to freedom! Some of these birds have wing spans that can reach from 5 to 10 feet. You can fly with the kings of the sky.
And doing so in Spain will allow you to fly with the birds over some of the most beautiful landscape on the face of the earth.
Be Front Row At A Concert
It is one thing to go to a concert and rock your face off. It is another thing to do so right in the front row. Hopefully you can do so to your favorite artist. And maybe even get backstage passes!
You know, the place that was depicted in the movie, Escape From Alcatraz? The story about how inmates slowly chisseled their way out of the prison to freedom. Never to be found again. Possibly they drowned, but possibly they made it to shore and lived a free life! Who knows?! But you can go check out the place where it happened out in the windy city of San Francisco.
You have the opportunity to take the ferry at Pier 33 out of Alcatraz and explore the exhibits they have, video and audio presentations and tours and more.
When you are done, you can hang out at Fisherman’s Wharf, check out the Aquarium of the Bay where 20,000 sea creatures live. Go to Ghiradelli Square and get some of the best chocolate in the world, check out Pier 39 and the Sea Lion Center. Of course, while in San Francisco you can drive or walk across the iconic Golden Gate Bridge!
Explore A Ship Or Planewreck
This one takes some serious cajones my friends. Do you have the courage or to plunge into the dark waters and poke around some of the biggest ship and plane wrecks known to man? Conquering the dark waters and investigating these eerie spots are a bucket list item for all my friends out there who are completely fearless. If you do this one, you will be immortalized as one of the most badass people who have ever existed!
Go Jet Skiing
The feeling you get when ripping across the water is spectacular! And you literally can’t take the smile off your face until you return back to the dock! Jet skiing is a must on your bucket list for all of my adventure seeking friends. Some of the best places to jet ski destinations in the world include:
- Gold Coast in Australia
- Miami Florida
- Naples Italy
- Denarau Island in Fiji
- The Bay Islands in New Zealand
Go Mountain Biking
Mountain biking is downright epic. It provides a thrill of a lifetime and memories that will last forever. All you need is a bike and yourself! You can even laugh in the face of death on Bolivia’s Road of Death also known as North Yungas Road which is a road leading from La Paz to Coroico. It is referred to as the world’s most dangerous road!
Tandem Base Jumping
Skydiving may provide a rush when it comes to doing so tandem. Tandem base jumping takes that rush to a whole new level. You can now tandem base jump out in Twin Falls Idaho where they have the tagline “The edge is just the beginning.” You are jumped off from the Perrine Bridge free falling towards the surface of the water. Right now it is only 400 dollars to do so with deals online often appearing. The whole process takes about 1.5 hours after a preparation class that takes less than an hour.
While in Twin Falls, there are other great outdoor activities like fly fishing, golfing, rock climbing, white water rafting and more.
Do The Splits
This one here is not for everyone but a pretty cool thing to have on a bucket list. It always fascinates me when I see someone way to big to be doing the splits actually do so! But it can be done by virtually anyone with enough practice! Here is a great site that shows you how to do the splits. As well as a video that talks about how to do the splits in ONE DAY!
Watch A Surf Competition At Pipeline
Known as the spot for perfectly barreled waves, Pipeline, also referred to Banzai, offers some of the most epic waves the naked eye can see. It is at Ehukai Beach on the North Shore of Oahu. It is one of the main spots for surf contests, and has been surfed by nearly every pro surfer who has ever lived.
The winter time is when the most massive swells tear through the waters. The water breaks on a shallow reef which creates the massive swells. Some of the best competitions to see there are the Triple Crown of Surfing and Billabong Pipeline Masters.
Nazare Potrugal (100 Foot Waves)
If you have never heard of Nazare, you have most likely seen it. Or at least pictures of it. It is the depicted in pictures where there is a tower overlooking literally tidal wave size waves. Some of the biggest, baddest and best surfers in the entire world come here to surf these mammoth waves. The world record for biggest wave ever surfed was done at this exact spot at 80 feet set by surfer Rodrigo Koxa. Where the surfer seemed microscopic compared to the wave itself. Video below!
The underwater terrain is some what like a canyon here and makes for some of the bigget waves known to man. Waves over 100 feet tall have been spotted out at Nazare. You have to have this one on your epic list, as it is now being considered the 8th Wonder of the World.
Stay At A Disney Resort
It doesn’t matter if you are 2 or 102 years old. Going to a Disney Resort will bring out the big kid in you and let you have an unforgettable time. I mean you will bump into Goofy at breakfast, see one or all of the 7 dwarfs, get a selfie with Donald Duck and high five Winnie the Pooh. What’s not to love!? Some of the best Disney hotels and resorts across the globe include:
- Aulani, A Disney in Kapolei Hawaii
- Disney’s Grand in Lake Beuna Vista Florida
- Disney’s Hotel New York
- Disney’s Newport Bay Club in Paris
- Disney’s Yach Club in Buena Vista Florida
- Disney’s Grand in Anaheim California (Where the original Disneyland is!)
- Disney Animal in Lake Buena Vista Florida
- Disney’s BoarWalk in Lake Buena Visa Florida
- Disney’s Contemporary in Lake Buena Vista Florida
- Disney’s Polynesian in Orlando Florida
Sydney Zombie Walk
If you are a Walking Dead fan, this is your spot. I mean we all need to get ready for the Zombie Apocalypse anyways right?! This is a way to do so. Michael Berman is the founder of the Sydney Zombie Walk which started out in Sydney back in 2009 and since then thousands of people dressed up as zombies drag their rotting limbs across the streets of Sydney. The even is free and supports The Brain Foundation. Some tips they give their participants for getting ready and looking authentic include:
- Tearing up som old clothes
- Messing your hair up
- Mix some red dye in a bottle of chocolate sauce to make it look like the real thing
- Smudge smalls spots of dark face paint on your face and body.
Go To The Kentucky Derby
Here is a spot where you will witness some of the most pure blooded professional horses on the planet do their thing. 2019 marked the 145th year of the Kentucky Derby. Which usually draws in a crowd of more than 150,000 people and has been declared by Forbes as one of the “Greatest Bucket-list Sporting Events” in America.
Sun Road In Montana
Also referred to as the “Going To The Sun Road“. The road is included in the National Register of Historic Places and also is a National Historic Civil Engineering Landmark. It spans the width of Glacier National Park and crosses over the Continental Divide at Logan Pass at an elevation of 6.646 feet high. The road passes through every single type of terrain in the park like glacial lakes, windswept alpine tundra, cedar forests and mini waterfalls streaming off of the mountain.
Go Paint Balling
You can’t deny the fact that it was be amazing fun to inflict a little bit of pain on your buddies or family! LOL you can do so by engaging in an epic paintball match. You can even buy them online and go start a war wherever you want! (I take no responsibility for legal repercussions on this one my friends!)
Become Financially Free
Capture Lightening In A Photo
Think it is impossible!? Think again my bucket list creating friends. A great site offers us tips on how to capture lightening in a photo, including:
- Safety first! Stay in a car, building or other object that can provide protection. Stand 50 feet away from water or trees.
- Get a DSLR with with a tripod. Set it at manual control for shutter speed and aperture. Wide angle and zoom lenses work best. Use long shutter speeds. Between 3 to 30 seconds.
- Find a lightening storm and a good spot to take a picture. Scout out positions around your town that will give you the best spot to shoot since looking for one during a lightening storm isn’t advised.
- Set the lens to infinity. Set it to ISO (lowest value). Set your camera to full manual mode so where you control both the aperture and shutter speed. Start the shutter speed at 3 to 5 seconds and f8 to see how the image comes out. The darker the area you are in the the higher the shutter speed.
- Go for 60 percent sky and 60-80 percent sky and 20-40 percent ground in your picture to get the best looking lightening strike picture.
What in the heck is helmet diving?? Well basically it is you looking like a astronaut in a bathing suit! Also known as Sea Trek diving, and can be done with large or small groups and with people ranging from the ages of 8 to 80 where you will be face to face with friendly marine life! You will have a tube over your head, aka the helmet, where it will filter oxygen into the helmet so that you can breath and not have to wear super bulky fear like you would sith scuba diving.
Donate Your Hair to Locks of Love
Locks of love was founded back in 1997 with the mission of returning a sense of self confidence and normalcy to children who are suffering from hair loss. They do so free of charge through donations all around the world. This bucket list idea is one of the best things we can do to give back to people in need. You can not only donate your hair but also make financial donations and sponsor children around the globe.
Go Sand Surfing
Not big into going into the ocean or scared or sharks but still want to shred? Well then sand surfing is your gig my friend. It is known as blending or surfing, snowboarding and skateboard and is done on the dunes of beaches all over the world. Some of the best places to sandboard are:
- Atlantis Dunes in South Africa
- Ica in Peru Home to the largest sand dune in the world at almost 2 KM high, Duna Grande
- Swakopmund in Namibia
- Kangaroo Island in Australia with dunes up to 70 meters high.
- Great Sand Sea in Egypt With dunes up to 140 meters high!
- Copiapo Chile where you can find dunes up to 1600 metres high
- El Sara and Hadudah Dunes in Egypt
- Lucky Bay in Australia where you can hit an 85 meter sand crater.
- Betty Bays South Africa
- Monte Kaolino in Germany which is home to a 120 meter mountain dune top ready to shred on.
Visit the Grave Of Your Favorite Dead Person
Hey death is a part of life and I don’t want to get morbid on this list of amazing things to do while your ALIVE. But there are some pretty cool dead people. Wouldn’t it be cool to go see where the great Edgar Allan Poe was buried? How about the Sultan of Swat Babe Ruth for all my baseball fans out there? It can be a great way to pay tribute to important cultural and historical figures. Some of the most famous graves include:
- Princess Dianna in Althorp, Northamptonshire
- Elvis Presley in Graceland, Memphis
- Oscar Wilde in Pere Lachaise, Paris
- Bob Marley, Nine Mile, Jamaica
- Sir Isaac Newton, Westminster Abbey, London
- John Keats, Cimitero Acattolico, Rome
- Bruce Lee at Lakeview Cemetery, Seattle
- Jim Morrison, Pere Lachaise, Paris
- William Shakespeare, Holy Trinity Church, Stratfor-upon-Avon
- Jane Austen, Winchester Cathedral, Hapmshire
Stand Atop the Worlds Tallest Skyscrapper
Ever have a good day and feel as if you are on top of the world? Well you can fabricate this feeling by standing atop one of the tallest skyscrappers in the world. Some of the tallest buildings are:
- Burj Khalifa in Dubai, United Arab Emirates – 2,718 feet and 163 floors
- Shanghai Tower in Shanghai China – 2,073 feet and 128 floors
- Makkah Royal Clock Tower in Mecca Saudi Arabia – 1,972 feet and 120 floors
- Ping An Finance Center in Shenzhen China – 1,965 feet at 115 floors
- Lotte World Tower in Seoul South Korea – 1819 feet with 123 floors
- One World Trade Center in New York – 1.776 feet and 94 floors
- Cuangzhou CTF Finance Center in Guangzhou China – 1739 feet and 111 floors
- TAIPEI 101 in Taipei Taiwan – 1,667 feet and 101 floors
- Shanghai World Finance Center – 1,614 feet and 101 floors
- International Commerce Centre – 1,558 feet and 108 floors
Swim in Bioluminescent Water
Bioluminesecent water can only be created in rare number of environments around the earth. When it happens, it creates a natural blue glow in and off the waters surface that is created by what is called algal blooms. The blooms carry many millions of the bioluminescent dinoflagellates. Some of the places that bioluminescent water occurs include:
- Cairns in Autralia
- Gippsland Lakes in Australia
- Manasquan Beach in New Jersey
- Mission Bay in San Diego California
- Torrey Pines Beach in San Diego California
- Cortez in Florida
- Luminous Lagoon in Trelawny, Jamaica
- Mosquito Bay in Vieques Porto Rico
- Halong Bay in Vietnam
- Ton Sai in Krabi Thailand
- Toyama Bay in Japan
- Zeeburgge In Belgium
- Norfolk in the United Kingdom
- Reethi Beach in Maldives
Hit Record Speeds On The German Autobahn
The thing about where I live is that I can only go 65 MPH. Although I often go much faster, but not legally. How about a land far far away where you can hit MPH above 100 and do so completely legally without having to look in your rear view mirror the whole time?? Well you can do this on the Autobahn in Germany where the recommended speed is 80 MPH but if you are going this SLOW, you will get passed up by people hitting as high as 130 MPH. Slow traffic stays to the right, always use your blinker, don’t pass on the right and don’t take it personal when you get cut off, that is just how the Germans drive on the autobahn. It is said that most people drive around 100 on the Autobahn. \
Another great one of the things to do before you die! Suspended Catch Air Device (SCAD) diving started over a decade ago in Germany using just a helicopter and a safety net. It is similar to bungee jumping but there is no cord at all. You simply free fall into a net. Like the flying trapeze, into the dark you plummet! You are suspended over a big net and are locked in place over it. Then a clasp is released and you fall into the net. Sometimes a video is worth a thousand words, so here is a video of it live! The guy falls around 2:05
Camp in The Redwood Forests In California
The Redwood Forest is home to the tallest trees on the face of the planet. The Redwood parks also protect vast prairies, wild riverways, oak woodlands and almost 40 miles of rugged coastline. They have four developed campgrounds there and seven back country campsites to set up at! You can sleep amongst these giants and wake up to the sun beaming light from the heavens through the trees! At the park, you can also do various hikes and fishing as well.
The 4 national and state parks that you can go to include:
- Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park
- Fern Canyon
- Prairie Creed Redwoods State Park
- Prairie Creek
Trek The Himalayas
The Himalayan Wonders as they call it, is home to 8 or 14 of the world’s mountains that stand over 8000m. The iconic city of Napal lies almost in the middle of the Himalayas. The Himalayan Treks include:
- Everest Base Camp which takes 11 days.
- Poon Hill and the Annapurna Base Camp – It is the tenth tallest peak in the world and can be biked in 4 or 5 days.
- Manaslu Circuit – a 14 to 16 day hike
- Makalu Base Camp Trek – A 16 day trek up the 5 tallest peak in the world
- Upper Mustang Trek – An 18 day trek that also leads you to the Forbidden City.
- Goecha La Trek – An 8 day trek in Sikkim India
- Gangotri Glacier Trek – A 6 day trek leading to the most sacred river in India, The Ganges River.
- Frozen River Trek – A 6 Day Trek
- Markha Valley – A week long trek that known as the easiest trek to organize in Inida
- Kolahoi Glacier Trek – A 3 day hike compared to the top of the Alps in Switzerland
- Kailash Circuit – The source of the biggest rivers in India like Indus and Brahmaputra
- Advanced Everest Base Camp – The highest one can go on Everest without climbing
- Chomolhari Trek – 10 day hike to the tallest peak in Bhutan
- Snowman Trek – A 25 day trek that crosses over 11 passes
- K2 Basecamp – The second tallest mountain in the world that can be done in 20 days.
Ride A Double Decker Bus In London
I mean come one, this has to be on our bucket list! The epic experience of riding a double decker bus makes you feel like you are in a movie! You can get what is referred to as an oyster card and load it up with credits that you can use to transport yourself around the city! Hop up the stairs behind the driver but first check the small TV behind the stairs to see if there is a seat available for you! The oyster card will also allow you to travel on the London Tube, an underground subway underneath the streets of this iconic city!
You can also use the card to hope on some of the hop on, hop off tours where the second deck of the double decker bus is open. So touristy but still an awesome way to get to know the city!
Visit The Swiss Alps
The scenery is ravishing and exquisite. Snow capped mountains, perfect blue lakes, glaciers and lakeside hamlets. While in the Swiss Alps, you can hike, climb, paraglide, ski, go tobogganing and hike some of the most beautiful trails in the world.
Thing you can do while visiting the Swiss Alps include:
- Riding the train by the Matterhorn, Switzerland’s iconic peak that rises 4,478 meteres above the ground.
- Visiting Jungfraujoch which is the top of Europe looking out at the city from the scientific observatory.
- Go to Lucerne which is a beautiful blue lake surrounded my mountains and amidst a car free medieval town.
- Check out the massive Lake Geneva which is Europe’s largest Alpine lake that straddles the Swiss and French border.
- Check out the Chateau de Chillon, Switzerlands’s architectural treasure.
- Hang out in Zurich, the largest city in Switzerland. Laced with quaint shops, cafe’s and beautiful galleries along with some of the finest places to shop and dine.
- Go to the Rhine Falls at Schaffhausen which are the largest falls in Central Europe cascading down 150 meters.
Throw Out The First Pitch At A Baseball Game
Tossing the first pitch at a baseball game is one of the best traditions in all of sports. Celebrities, business moguls, actors and actresses, retired players and even your good ole normal folk have tossed out first pitches all round the USA for many decades. Contact your local sports team to see what you would have to do in order to be invited to throw out the first pitch. It can be one of he most exhilarating feelings you an ever experience! Also, when you finally get the chance to do so, here is a great article that talks about how to throw out a ceremonial first pitch.
Go To A Rodeo
You ever want to feel like a real cowboy and witness some of the most fearless people in the world? Well going to a rodeo is a good way to do both of these at the same time! You will get to witness competitive sports at their finest with tie down roping, steer wrestling, saddle bronc riding, bareback bronc riding, barrel racing and bulling riding among much more crazy fun! Throw on a pair of nice boots, put on your cowbow hat and check out some of the best rodeos in the USA inlcuding:
- The Reno Rodeo in Reno Nevada – A 10 Day Event
- Prescott Frontier Days in Prescott Arizona – The worlds oldest rodeo that has been going on yearly for 188 years.
- Greeley Stampeded in Greeley Colorado
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo in Houston Texas
- Pendleton Round-Up in Pendleton Oregon
- Weekly Brothers Davie Pro Rodeo
- Cheyene Frontier Days in Cheyenne Wyoming – A ten day long event
- Ellensburg Rodeo in Ellensburng Washington
- National Finals Rodeo in Las Vegas, Nevada
- National Western Stock Show and Rodeo in Denver Colorado
Visit Vredefort Dome (World’s Biggest Crater)
You ever want to make a big impact on your next trip, you can do so by visiting the biggest crater on earth out in South Africa! The meteor hit the earth and made a crater spanning 300 KM in width. It is the biggest meteorite that geologists have found on Earth. To put it in perspective, it had twice the impact as the one that killed the dinosaurs 65 millions years ago and is known as a World Heritage Site. When it hit the earth, it was going at 36,000 KM per second!
Go To The World Cup
The World Cup happens every 4 years. Billions are invested in the infrastructure of the creation of the games. Tens of thousands of people gather here to witness one of the biggest events in the world. 32 of the best national teams gather from various countries where they battle over a period of 5 weeks depending on how long teams last. It is known as the most prestigious soccer tournament in the world and most watched international sporting even ever. As an astounding half of the world will tune in at some time or other to watch at least one game.
Go To The Full Moon Party in Thailand
The Full Moon Party is an all night massive beach party in Hat Rin which is an island in Thailand. Mostly a tourist attraction. It is home to fire dancing, fire ropes, copious amounts of alcohol and simply a massive amount of partying as anywhere from 10,000 to 30,000 people show up! People rock out to different MC’s who play a variety of different types of music like trance, techno, drum and base, reggae and commercial dance.
Ride A Camel
For all of my friends that are just endless explorers out there, there is no better way to feel your inner explorer come out right away than hoping on the back of a camel! Camels have been a mode of transportation for thousands of years. You will literally feel as if you are transported back in time when you hop on the back of one of them. Some of the best places in the world to ride a camel include:
- Egypt (OBVIOUSLY!) – You can see the Great Pyramids and ride alone the Nile River
- Morocco – You can camelback through the Sarharan Dunes
- Australia – You can ride a camel into the Outback and through the Northern Territory and even as far as the Queensland Border.
- Kenya – Camel rides can include a tour of the Ngorongoro Crater as well as among an array of other wildlife like zebras, lions, hyenas and elephants.
- Dubai – Camelback through the Arabian Desert.
- Tanzania – You can ride your camel up to the highest mountain in Africa, Mount Kilimanjaro.
Tour De France
Oh you know just the event the the immortal Lance Armstrong won seven consecutive times! The Tour de France usually goes through a couple different countries where you will get to witness the best pro cyclist in the world in one of the most challenging physical and mental events known to man. It is known as the greatest race on earth. 100’s of thousands of people line the streets to watch these athletes compete for the title. You will also be amonst some of the most serene and beautiful locations in the world like the Pyrenees and the Alps.
Spend the Night At A Haunted House
There is just something about the fear of the unknown that some people, including me, just are fascinated with! We justify that it is OK to spend money to scare the hell out of ourselves!
Some places in the world where you can spend the night at a haunted house are:
- Waverely Hills Sanatorium in Louisville Kentucky
- Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast in Fall River Massachusetts
- The Shanely Hotel in Napanoch New York
- The Queen Marry in Long Beach California
- The Villisca Axe Murder House in Villisca Iowa
- The Myrtles Plantation in St. Franciscville Louisiana
- The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park Colorado
- Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum in Weston West Virginia
- The Cecil Hotel in Los Angeles California
Swim With Pigs in the Bahamas!
When I first heard about this one, I was skeptical. But pigs are friggin cute. The little pink guys are now free to swim with out in the Bahamas! You swim with pigs on the white sand beaches of Exumas which is a chain of 365 tiny Bahamian islands. The beach itself is known as Pig Beach for obvious reasons and is 50 miles west of George Town, a land completely uninhabited by humans!
Experience Zero Gravity
For a whopping 5,400 dollars you can get a seat on a weightless flight that 15 different parabolic maneuvers that creates 20 – 30 seconds of weightlessness each time. The tagline is “Float like a astronaut and fly like a superhero. You do so in a Boeing 727 where you will fly to 24,000 feet which then the pilot begins to pull up and gradually increases the angle of the plane to hit 45 degrees, then reaching an altitude of 32,000 feet. You will literally be floating in he air! If you are a hopeless romantic, you will love the idea of the fact that they even provide the opportunity to have a weightless wedding!
Conclusion To Creating a Bucket List
So there we are my good friends, I know it was a hefty read, but there are 201 different bucket list items, AKA things to do before you die. I hope you enjoyed the article. I would love to hear the things you want to do on the list. What you have already done as well as what you would like to add so that we can all talk about the greatest thing to do before we die and get ideas to add to our bucket list!
Have a great day my friends!