When it comes to counting your blessings, often times it can be like trying to think good movies. You have seen so many of them. And yet when put on the spot, you draw a blank!
That is one of the biggest reasons I wrote this article for you. To give you some good examples to go off of, so you can really start stacking that gratitude.
As with everything in life, what you seek, you shall find. And when you really start seeking for blessings to count, you can really start stacking up so many things that may have not been evident to you until starting the process.
I am going to offer you 7 different areas of life where you can count your blessings in. Offering you a wide variety of options to use and go off of when looking for things to be grateful for in your own life.
Enjoy my friend.
How To Count Your Blessings
- 1 How To Count Your Blessings
- 1.1 Family Blessings
- 1.2 Career Blessings
- 1.3 Financial Blessings
- 1.4 Community Blessings
- 1.5 Spirituality Blessings
- 1.6 Mental/Emotional Blessings To Count
- 1.7 Our Rights For Counting Your Blessings
- 1.8 Husband/Wife Relationships Blessings
- 1.9 Friends Blessings
- 1.10 Personal Development Blessings
- 1.11 Miscellaneous Blessings To Count
- 1.12 Quotes About Blessings (Count Your Blessings Quotes)
The the real count your blessings meaning, to me at least, means dwelling on the good things in your life. It is literally stacking the things that are positive. That you can show gratitude for. That you can truly feel a sense of thanks for. That in a sense, you know that you didn’t have full part in creating.
When it comes to count your blessings bible wise, this really can be summed up into seeing life as a series of good things to be thankful and grateful for. And seeing them as things given unto you by God or source or whatever energy you believe in.
That we are given the ultimate blessing, which is to walk the earth. To have a chance at life. To live and breath and not only do this, but to strive and fail and continue to do so with the hope that one day you will be triumphant.
And whatever happens along the way, good or bad, it can be seen from the perspective of seeing it as gifts from God. The good things to be thankful for. And the bad things to see as lessons in life that will help us learn and grow and become better versions of ourselves.
For exact verses in the Bible that talks about biblical blessings, my friends over at OpenBible have created a compilation of a myriad of different verses in the bible that talk about blessings. Check it out here:
It is a great way of getting out of the way of our egos. Because we usually want to take credit for everything in life. As one of the biggest needs in the human experience is the need for significance.
And being the star of the show makes us feel significant. And yet when we count our blessings, you and I admit that we are pretty dang lucky to have the things we have in our lives.
It can be a great way to start your day or end your day. Or both. Simply waking up with this level of optimism and gratefulness can really set your day up in a very positive manner. And doing so at night, we simply ease our worries. As you cannot be stressed and grateful at the same time. It is impossible!
And the fact of the matter is, when you start to see things as blessings, your whole life takes on a new meaning. As you stop taking things for granted as much. You see life as a place where you are showered with blessings and good things.
BONUS TIP: When it comes to how to count your blessings, you can use your senses throughout the day to do so. What do you see that is a blessing in your awareness. What do you hear? What do you feel? What do you taste thorough out the day? And what smells may register as blessings. Get your senses involved!
So when it comes to how you count your blessings, we need to simply examine the biggest areas of our lives. You and I tend to dip our feet into 9 different realms at any different time of the day.
Some of us spend more time in some than others.
And yet a balanced life is lived by sprinkling an even amount of energy in all 7 arenas.
Those arenas being:
- Personal Development
- Mind & Emotions
You can literally take one person at a time in your family and count 10 things about them that you feel blessed about.
No matter how good or bad a family member has been, we can always find something to be thankful for about them. Even if, for example, you didn’t have a very good parent. Well you can look at it that you are thankful for them for showing you what NOT to do. So you can do the exact opposite and be an amazing parent!
Here are some good examples of blessings to count for your family.
- The bond you have.
- The laughs you have shared.
- The memories you have created.
- Home cooked meals.
- Going though trials together and coming out stronger.
- Family that is not around anymore, but feeling blessed to have known them.
- Family expanding (new family to come)
- The way you were raised.
- The town you and your family are in.
- Your pets.
- Knowing that you can always count on certain family members to be there for you.
- The times where these people have been there for you when you have been down.
- The mindset your parents had that you took on that you are either thankful for, or you yourself changed and went the opposite way because you wanted to be different.
- Old pictures in your phone of you having fun and laughing.
- Taking both the good and bad from your parents and learning and growing from them.
- That your parents or people in your family have forgiven us when we were at our worst.
- The fact that you can call your house a home.
- All the other homes you have lived in during your life and the memories you made in them.
- The fact that no matter how dysfunctional things may get, you still feel and have love for each other.
- That your family gets you more than anyone else in the world.
- That you have family, as some people do not have any family.
- For your friends who are more like family than even your real family sometimes!
- Family that has helped you with bills or given you a place to stay when you needed it.
- Calls from your family when bad things happened that made you feel better and cared for.
- Cards from family for birthdays and holidays that have uplifted your spirit.
- Birthday money and presents that you have gotten from family.
- Gifts that meant more than just presents or money.
- Time your family spent with you when you know they are busy and have other things to do.
Getting paid is a good thing. And even if you happen to not like your job, that fact of the matter is, that you can count your blessings for the job showing you how miserable you are. It is a blessing, for it is showing you what you don’t want in your life. Pushing you towards searching for new and fulfilling work.
Here are a few blessings we can count about our jobs and careers.
- The fact that you have a career/job when millions don’t.
- Your perseverance with education that got you the job you have.
- The ability to pursue higher education to get promotions and paid more.
- The company you work for.
- The ability to be self-employed and your business if you have one.
- Side hustles.
- 401K packages.
- Your companies employee benefits.
- Supportive co-workers.
- Doing work you love or that you have the freedom to change your profession to doing something you love.
- The fact that you don’t have to drive hours to and from work each day.
- Your car that gets you to and from work.
- The people who have started the company you work in, allowing you the opportunity to have a good job.
- Pay raises.
- The leadership in your company who has helped you come up the ranks.
- The leadership position you have taken after rising up in the company.
- Starting from the bottom of the company and having the drive and the luck to rise up the ranks.
- The extra things you love about your job that makes it even better than you thought it may be.
- The tough days that make you appreciate that good days.
- The great clients you get to work with and serve.
- The people who have covered for you when you don’t feel good.
- The unseen opportunities on the job that have helped you get better and rise up the ranks.
- Job security.
- The person who founded the company that you work for, so you have a place to work.
Money makes the world go around. Cash is king! Money is a fantastic tool and instrument that we can use to not only survive and thrive. But also help and give back with.
Without enough of it, we feel anxiety. It is a very important thing in our lives. And anyone who tells you different, well probably doesn’t have much!
The more we are grateful for our money, the more money will make it’s way into our lives.
So let’s start out with massive gratitude by counting blessings with the following financial blessings:
- Having money in the bank.
- Living in a country that provides you with so much opportunity.
- The chance to earn money in side hustles that involve your passion.
- The money you have invested or will invest in the future.
- Your retirement account.
- Your emergency account.
- Books and articles that have been written that can teach you how to save and invest.
- The ability to earn money when others can’t.
- Credit cards to help you out when times have been tough.
- Having more money in the bank than you may have had in the past years.
- Lending institutions that have helped you achieve some of your bigger goals.
- The fact that your home is increasing in value and you have put a good amount toward paying off your mortgage.
- Your financial planner.
- People that have helped you out financially in the past.
- The ability to contribute money to foundations you believe in and people in need.
- The bank that allows you to store money in it, and make money off of the interest.
- The fact that your dollar goes further in other countries that you want to or have visited.
- The employer/organization that pays you.
In it’s own right, our community shape you and I. They really give us a feeling of pride. Where we are from and where we live play a big part into our identity.
Home is where the heart is. We have a bond with our surroundings. And often times, feel like we love it so much we will never leave!
Here are some reminders of blessings in your life that may involve the community you live in:
- The community you live in.
- The groups you belong to in your community.
- Appreciating the things about your town, like the small town feel or the hustle and bustle.
- Your library.
- The schools raising up the next generations.
- Your favorite restaurants and coffee shops you go to.
- The people that run the stores and greet you with kindness when you come in.
- The committee that make the town safe and the local government/office.
- The place where you original came from, giving you your origins.
- Thankful for the new town you live in that is better than the one you moved from.
- The small businesses in town that offer unique services.
- The clubs and bars that you have shared some crazy memories at.
- The people you may have fought with, and now you made up and are friends with.
- The mutual respect people have for being from or living in the same town.
For whatever reason, there is a feeling in this life that we are all connected. It is like a web in which electrical impulses go back and forth on.
The more in touch you get with your spirituality, the more you see oneness instead of duality. When people are hurt, you feel the pain. Because we truly are connected.
Spirituality and oneness with the ultimate source can bring us massive fulfillment, contentment and hope. Something that may be a saving grace for many of us. I know I have leaned into this source lately!
Here are some count your blessings examples of how we can really be thankful for the spiritual side of our lives:
- Connection with God
- Ability to meditate.
- Prayers answered.
- Prayers not answered that turned out of the better.
- Guidance by your creator.
- The Bible.
- Your ability to prayer.
- The people in your life that lead you to your faith.
- The ability to be able to practice religion freely without danger.
- The fact that you are still breathing and alive and well.
- Your goals and dreams that create hope in you.
- The hope that comes for good things in the afterlife.
- The right to speak freely on your religion.
- Growing closer to your God with continual practice of your religion.
- The support system your church provides you when you are down and out.
- The music that your institute plays that uplifts you.
- The spiritual music that has been produced that you can turn on and listen to in your car.
- The ability to talk to your loved ones that have passed on.
- The unlimited potential that has been bestowed upon us by our creator.
- Being forgiven for our sins.
- Safety from evilness through your creator.
- Your favorite biblical verses that keep your faith strong and inspiration in your life.
- Your pastor that breaks down your religion into layman’s terms.
- The church you practice your worship in.
- The ability to have enough money to donate in the offering.
- Looking at yourself as an actual child of God.
- The ability to talk to your creator at anytime during the day.
- The strength your creator gives you.
- The lessons taught in your Bible.
- Knowing that you are guided throughout life.
- Having faith in your decisions as you now that God has your life in His hands.
Mental/Emotional Blessings To Count
A healthy emotional and mental life can really take us to the next level in life. When we grow emotionally, we feel better about ourselves. And when you and I start to feel better about ourselves, naturally we make wiser decisions in life.
We start seeing the value we have. And we let go of negative habits and people that are toxic in our lives.
And when this starts to happen, we reach a nice state of equilibrium. We have optimism and hope. And are more inclined to climb higher in life. Because we both see our truth value and worth. As well as don’t have as many anchors holding us down.
Here are a few blessings to count when it comes to the emotional/mental realm of our lives:
- The ability to forgive to feel emotionally lighter.
- The ability to let go of any toxic feeling.
- Books in our lives that have helped us grow emotionally.
- Fulfilling experiences that have liberated us from stress.
- Doing something different in your life that brought you more emotional contentment.
- Meditation to make your mind more clear and calm.
- Having passions in life that leave you emotionally fulfilled.
- Prayer to help let go of traumas and pains.
- The ability to think positive about negative situations.
- Therapy that you have gone through that has helped you move on from things in your life.
- The people in your life that allow you to talk freely and help you process unwanted emotions and events.
- The medication/supplements that have helped you have better mental health.
- Self-care that has brought about a feeling of self love.
- Things in your life that have brought you more calmness.
- People in your life that make you feel better about yourself and your life.
- Good habits that have brought you more mental clarity and built grit in your life and personality.
- The ability to think a thought. I mean how cool is this?? Where do they come from.
- The ability to change the way you think.
- Your minds ability to process trauma so you can ultimately move on from it.
Our Rights For Counting Your Blessings
Here is a quick one of our rights. And how when we dwell on our rights, we have it pretty good in this life.
- Freedom of Speech
- The right to bear arms.
- Speedy and public trials
- The right to present ourselves in front of a Grand Jury without being prosecuted.
Husband/Wife Relationships Blessings
At the end of the day, there is so much beauty to a bond with someone. Whether it be a short or long term relationship, there is beauty and blessings to count when it comes to romance.
Here are some examples of blessings in life to get you started in this realm:
- The first kiss you both have.
- The child/children you have together.
- The romantic days/nights you have
- Vacations you have took together.
- Surviving tough times together.
- Having someone to count on to support your goals and dreams.
- The people in your life that support your relationship.
- The tough times that you made it through that have made you even more appreciative of the good times you now have.
- The series of events that led you to the romance with your mate.
- Falling more in love with each other every day.
- Completing each others sentences.
- The little things they do for you.
- That they accept and love you for who you are.
- The warm and fuzzy feeling that you get when you two look each other in the eyes.
- The deep talks you have had together that has brought you closer.
- Falling back in love.
- The opportunity to be in love with your soul mate.
- The feeling of how much you love your person when they aren’t around.
- Seeing your person after you have missed them all day.
- Your best friend.
- Your worst friend that made you more appreciate of the good friends in your life.
- The newest friends in your life.
- The trips and memories you have made with your friends.
- The deep talks you have had that have gotten you through tough times.
- The laughs you have shared with them.
- The feeling of not being alone because you have them.
- The fact that you wouldn’t be sane without them.
- Knowing that your friends love you for you and you don’t have to be fake in front of them.
- The fact that your friends show you unconditional love
- That your friends offer you positive distraction from life.
- The friends to where, no matter how long it has been since you have seen each other, it still feels like you never left each other!
- Texts and calls from friends letting you know that they are here for you.
- Feeling like you have met your soul mates in your closest friends.
Personal Development Blessings
Personal development has played a part in our lives. Maybe small, maybe big. And yet without it, we couldn’t advance in this life and feel better about ourselves.
Growth is such a crucial piece to the happiness puzzle. When we are growing, we feel alive. It is one of the two spiritual needs we need to be fulfilling in order to feel positive about our lives. The other being contribution.
Here are a few for examples for counting our blessings in the area of personal development.
- The fact that people put their whole life in one book for us to read and grow from.
- Your new perspectives that have made you more forgiving and loving, compared to your old self.
- The fact that we have the ability to change and transform from whatever and whoever we are right now.
- Videos and podcasts that give us better perspectives.
- Higher education to make us more knowledgeable and marketable.
- The gift of learning new languages.
- The coaches we have had have have helped us with sports, personally or professionally.
- Not being the same person as you were last year.
- The challenges that you have overcome to make you a stronger person.
- The books you have read that have made you wiser and better.
- Hitting rock bottom that made you change your life for the better.
- When you pass your perceived limits in life.
- When you were about to give up, but didn’t and you ended up making it or winning.
Miscellaneous Blessings To Count
Ok so after the 7 realms of our lives, I wanted to make a big list that you can refer to, especially if you felt like you didn’t get enough out of the ones above.
This list is miscellaneous, offering you an opportunity to count your blessings over 100 more times!
Some are silly, some go a little deeper and everywhere in between.
- Dreams that turn into reality.
- How your body functions perfectly without you thinking.
- The air we breathe that keeps us alive.
- Sewage systems that keep our world functioning sanitarily.
- Clean water.
- Good food and food in the fridge.
- Birthday cards you have received from special people in your life.
- Hugs and kisses.
- Your tough past that you have grown from and made you the person you are.
- Our military.
- The ability to fight for what you believe in.
- Gas stations to keep our cars running.
- Mechanics to fix our cars.
- Technology that has given us new opportunity, freedom and hope for a better future.
- The people who have done the hard work before us in life, to make our lives easier. Like making the streets, railroads, planes, cars, etc.
- The pure fact that you have much more in this life than many others.
- Cops and firefighters that keep us safe.
- Laws that are put in place to keep us safe and orderly.
- People that do jobs we don’t want to do.
- Jobs that we hated in the past that can now show us how much more happy we are to work a better job.
- The court systems that serve justice.
- How everything happens for a reason that benefits us.
- Your bed.
- Your home.
- Your senses.
- Second chances.
- The authentic people in your life.
- Fires to keep you warm.
- Bonfires at the beach.
- Pools and oceans to swim in.
- The sun to get good vitamins and an awesome tan.
- Supplements and medications that keep us alive and healthy.
- Grocery stores to keep our house stocked with good food.
- Tanning lotions stop the sunburn.
- Modifications that have made your car running better/faster.
- Updated cars getting us better gas mileage.
- The AC/heating units in your home.
- The wind.
- Someone telling you and I what we NEED to hear instead of just want to hear..
- The fact that you passed high school, college, etc.
- Good teachers that you had in the past that believed in you.
- The people who believed in you, maybe when you didn’t even believe in yourself.
- Hygiene products keeping us fresh and clean.
- Unconditional love.
- Coffee and energy products to keep us awake and full of energy.
- Nourishing sleep to keep us feeling good the next day.
- The person you sleep next to each night.
- Living in a safe neighborhood.
- Laughter and humor.
- Clothes to keep us warm when it is cold, and cool when it is warm.
- Your vacations that you have been blessed to go on.
- Sunglasses to shield your eyes.
- Public transportation.
- Warm showers
- Unemployment insurance if you lose your job.
- Your actual insurance keeping your medical costs cheap.
- Doctors that have helped keep you healthy.
- Dentists that have kept your teeth straight and clean.
- Tables, plates and silverware to eat your food on/with.
- Glasses/contacts to help you see better.
- Restaurants that cook our food when we don’t want to cook.
- Beautiful art.
- People that build our homes/buildings that we live and work in.
- Theme parks to have fun at.
- Library cards.
- Having your faith restored.
- Amazon prime and Amazon in general.
- Shipping companies.
- Zoom calls to save on travel time and expenses.
- Your bodies ability to recover from illness.
- Hair growth.
- Fashion that makes you feel better in your own skin.
- Relationships that have taught you how to love.
- Online and offline influencers in your life that have helped you.
- Printers to print your documents.
- Credit cards that help you accumulate points to buy cool things.
- Blogs to keep your reading material game strong!
- The ability to start a blog/vlog and talk about anything that you are passionate about.
- Your passions that keep you fired up about life.
- Movie theaters.
- Belly laughs.
- Books that you have read or excited to read.
- The ability to read.
- Hope for a better future.
- New and improved perspectives on life.
- People showing you their true colors so you can get rid of them
- Diets that have helped you lose weight and/or stay healthy.
- The ability to write and type.
- Business cards that have helped you get clients.
- Ladders to step on when you can’t reach something.
- Coffee makers in your home saving you money on coffee.
- Older and younger people in your life that have taught your lessons about life.
- Your ability and right to move wherever you want to in the world.
- Freight ships that do the heavy lifting in this world.
- Gyms and personal trainers that keep you fit.
- Sunny days after rainy days.
- Good movies and movie theaters to keep you happily entertained.
- Farmers that bring us good produce and meat.
- Hats that keep your eyes shaded.
- Your favorite musician that has inspired you the most.
- Your life path that has led you down the road to meeting the people you love and having the wonderful experience that you have had.
- Free WiFi!
- Comedians that bring you laughter and joy.
- Lotion to keep your skin moist.
- Car washes to keep your car spiffy!
- Good wine.
- Your intuition or gut feeling and that it is never wrong.
- Laundry to keep you smelling and looking fresh.
- Dry cleaners to keep you looking sharp.
- Fire on your stove to warm your meals.
- Microwaves and ovens for faster cooking.
- Days off.
- The fact that you live in a country with much better rights and freedom than others.
- A baby or child’s smile.
Quotes About Blessings (Count Your Blessings Quotes)
“When you focus on being a blessing, God makes sure you are always blessed in abundance.” – Joel Osteen
“Concentrate on counting your blessings and you’ll have little time to count anything else.” – Woodrow Kroll
“Count your blessings. A grateful heart attracts more joy, love and prosperity.” – Cheryl Richardson
“Be gracious in your giving for as long as you’re living. The blessings will come back on an unexpected day, and present themselves in an unexpected way.” – Joan Marques
“When you arise in the morning, think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love.” – Marcus Aurelius
“Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty, not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” – Charles Dickens
“What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise.” – Oscar Wilde
“Sometimes we must look outside our own backyards to realize how big the world is and how blessed we are.” – Eugene Nathaniel Butler
“The unthankful heart discovers no mercies, but the thankful heart will infd, in every hour, some heavenly blessings.” – Henry Ward Beecher
“A thankful heart opens our eyes to a multitude of blessings that continually surround us.” – James E. Faust
“Be grateful for small things, big things an everything in between. Count your blessings, not your problems.” – Mandy Hale
“When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” – WIllie Nelson
“Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence.” – Og Mandino
“Always keep your head up, because if it’s down, you won’t be able to see the blessings that have been placed in your life.” – Unknown
“Learn to walk in the will of God, we learn to see the blessings God has given us and be more grateful.” – Heather Bixler
“Your blessings may come in unexpected ways.” – Neil L. Andersen
“I just thank God for all the blessings.” – James Brown
“When we lose one blessing, another is often most unexpectedly given in it’s place.” – C.S. Lewis
“Great life. Great deeds. Great deeds, great blessings.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
“Those blessings are sweetest that are won with prayer and worn with thanks.” – Thomas Goodwin
“Harness the power of today. Seize the blessings of today. Make something happen, enhance your life, make someone laugh, help a friend, love, love, love.” – Steve Maraboli
“The struggle of life is one of our greatest blessings. It makes us patient, sensitive, and Godlike. It teaches us that although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” – Helen Keller
“Hear blessings drop their blossoms around you.” – Rumi
“Every positive thing in your life represents a single unique blessing. Every negative thing in your life has the opportunity to become a double blessing. For when may you get to heaven a half hour before the Devil knows your dead.” – Irish Proverb
“The secret of happiness is to count your blessings while others are adding up their troubles.” – William Penn
Conclusion To Count Your Blessings
After reading this list, I hope you got the same feeling as I did. That sometimes the best things in life are free. Free being the ability to really look at the blessings in life and see how much we have.
It leaves us in a palpable state of thankfulness. And a desire to really look at life different. It can even be life altering. As you are now viewing your world from a more abundant place.
Instead of seeing lack, you are seeing prosperity.
And that is the beautiful thing about counting your blessings. That you can do so at anytime in life that you are feeling like you don’t have enough. That you have nothing to life for. Or even when your mind may go into victim mindset.
You can triumph over these thoughts and feelings. Allowing you to feel much better. And again, whenever you start to see things in your life that you are grateful for, you will find that more things will come into your life that you are even more grateful for.
As what you focus on, expands.
I hope you enjoyed the article my friend. Share with me what you got out of it. As well as if you have any other good examples to add when it comes to counting your blessings that have made you look at life from a more thankful perspective.
Thank you, sincerely for reading this post and spending your time here!
Leave a Reply