The Meaning Of Perseverance
I truly think the meaning of perseverance at it’s true essence is to resolve to never give up regardless of what happens. No matter how much of a beating you take. Resolving to never throw in the towel. Never going down without a fight. And getting back up time and time again. Until you cross the finish line. It is being in it for the long haul. Until the job gets done. Plain and simple, it is failing our way forward without quitting. Showing up, day in and day out. Regardless of how great or bad you feel. Showing up and getting the job done. Eliminating failure from being a possibility. This is my own definition of perseverance.
I feel as if what perseverance is is that it is a winners quality. We can be winners in our daily lives by utilizing this one human attribute that we were all actually blessed with. It is just how much we tap into that we can harness the power of it. And the more we use it, the more we see the power of it and how far it can truly take us.
So this is my own definition, let’s ee how it compares to the actual dictionary meaning of perseverance:
Steadfastness in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success
Steadfastness is a great word for what perseverance is. It is taking an unwavering approach that is constant and committed. It is in a sense like a heat seeking missile that will stop at nothing to reach it’s goal. A heat seeking missile rarely takes a straight path towards it’s target. It corrects it’s path over and over until it finally makes its way to it’s target and destructs it, getting it’s goal.
Perseverance has a quality of self-sacrifice to it as well. When it comes down to it, we must sacrifice much of ourselves when we are persevering towards something or for someone. If we are trying to build our business, we are sacrificing time and energy that we can be using to have fun or spend with our loved ones. If we are persevering towards getting a degree, we are sacrificing time and energy we could be using in the job field already making money. But we use perseverance because we see a better future. And perseverance is the best suited vehicle to get us to that other side of the fence. Where the grass is always greener.
17 Examples of Perseverance
- It is like a fighter in the ring who will simply not give up. Even when he/she is taking a beating of a lifetime. Even when they get knocked to the ground and are near going unconscious. They are still trying to get up and throw more blows at their opponent. This is what perseverance is.
- It is the mother who works 3 jobs and comes home to cook their children food. Even when she is incredibly tired and knows she has to do it the next day.
- It is a dog who will not stop chewing through a bone until that baby is in the dogs stomach!
- “Gone With The Wind was rejected by 38 publishers.
- Colonel Sanders recipe was rejected 1009 times before the recipe was taken on! The ultimate example of perseverance.
- The Boston Red Sox being down 3 games to nothing in the championship series, know no team in the history of baseball has ever came back from this. And the ended up fighting regardless and going on to win not only 4 games in a row for a series win. But also winning 4 straight games in the world series. Making them champions of the world.
- It is rapper Eminem battling his way to super stardom after being laughed off stage countless times and told he would never make it in a predominately black industry as a white man. I saw in an interview where he said that it didn’t matter what got in his way, he was going to make it.
- Starbucks owner Howard Schultz was rejected by over 200 banks for which he went to to try to get a loan to start Starbucks.
- The authors of Chicken Soup For The Soul were rejected by 144 different publishers. Now they have done over a billion dollars in revenue and will only go up from there.
- Walt Disney was turned down 302 times for investment for Disneyland.
- Thomas Edison refusing to give up after thousands of times of failing to create the light bulb, yet kept going and now we all live in a world full of light.
- It is Jack Ma, the owner of Alibaba which is he one of the biggest companies in China. Who before amassing his 40+ Billion dollar fortune, was rejected from 30 different jobs, one of which included KFC. He also talks about how he was denied being accepted into Harvard 10 times.
- It is the grit and fight in a running back who breaks tackle after tackle after a long game, working his way to the end zone.
- Morgan Freeman worked as an actor for decades before becoming an A List star and commanding millions of dollars per film.
- It is a baseball team and their team members playing their hardest and best even win they know they have already been eliminated from the opportunity of reaching the playoffs.
- Noah taking 120 years to build the Ark, all of which was a project in which he had no clue if the world would really flood.
- It is Manteo Mitchell, the Olympic relay runner in which broke his leg while running, and knew it, but kept running and finished the race anyways. He said that it “hurt so bad, but he didn’t want to let the three guys down”.
I think our last example of perseverance says it best. That even though this man broke his leg, he wanted to finish. Not just for himself, but for his team. This is often when we are able to utilize perseverance the most. When we have someone else we are doing it for. This is because human beings find more meaning and energy in their lives when we do things for other people. For some reason there is more energy available to us and we are able to persevere more efficiently when we are doing something for others. Even if it is our passion, if we want to “make it” for our family, we will we less likely to throw in the towel when times get tough.
How To Persevere – 6 Actionable Tips
Operate From Love & Passion
When it comes down to how to persevere, I think the first thing we need to do is make sure we love someone thing enough to stick it out until you reach your goals and even greatness. If we don’t have enough passion in something, we will never have enough internal motivation to persevere through the tough times. So when it comes down to it, loving or caring about something enough, deep within your soul, will allow you to find something WORTH persevering for. Steve Jobs talks about his and talks about how finding something your passionate about is a must when it comes to starting a business. Because we are only human and when things get tough and we don’t love something enough, we will usually quit.
See It As A Marathon Not A Race
Often times we go into things we are excited about and give 110 percent of our energy to it right out of the gate. Now this is admirable and can often get you going, but we are all human and we are going to hit a wall when we are going at this pace. We cannot keep up a sprint during a marathon. Even Usain Bolt couldn’t even manage this feat! The same mindset has to be taken when we are going into things we need to persevere in.
Society has been primed to want the fastest solution. The easiest diet. The get rich quick. We have all bought into them and the only thing that comes out of it is frustration. You and I need to learn to see things as a marathon. We need to steadily chip away and put in consistent daily effort in order to persevere towards and to our goals.
I mean it took two years of constant work for Michelangelo to sculpt the statue of David where he never lost enthusiasm. Which Michelangelo etched himself down in history of creating one of the most beautiful and word renowned statues every known to man. That is the power of perseverance!
By taking stead action daily we put ourselves on the sides of the angels as personal development author Brian Tracy says. If we take this approach, we look at it as more manageable. We don’t get overwhelmed by how BIG the task may look. We just say to ourselves ” One day at a time”. This quote is the essence of perseverance.
We build a wall one brick at a time. We don’t try to resurrect the wall all at once. We lay the brick, then the next brick and then the next brick. Then after a while, we see great progress, which gives us motivation to move forward. Which after a few of these realization of how far we come, we then get to the last brick we have to lay and then we look up and see the wall we have worked on so hard and consistently.
Realize How Close You may be
If you are familiar with the story about a miner in the 1800’s who found gold and went out and bought a machine to start mining the gold from the vein he found. He mined a lot of it and then the vein ran out and so did his drive to keep searching. What he didn’t know was that if he just went over a couple feet more, he would have found another massive vein of gold and profited from it massively. Instead he sold his equipment for a man for a few hundred dollars, in which he was just happy to get his money back that he spend for the equipment. well the same guy went back and ended up mining the vein of gold that the guy before had believed ran out. The second one reaped the riches beyond anyone’s imagination.
This is what happens to us often times in life. We are so close to a victory, or at least a lucky break that can give us hope to keep going. But we give up too soon. We put a time limit on our victory and if we don’t get it in that time frame, we throw in the towel. But often times we are so damn close and if we just keep going, we will get that lucky break.
Even if we don’t, at least we know that we died trying. Instead of giving up and living as a failure. Success isn’t guaranteed to anyone. But the chances of success are so much greater if we just keep persevering. So resolve to make the decision today to realize that you may just one day away from that big break. Keep that in the front of your mind as your motivator to keep going. And that day will come for you my friend. There is light at the end of the tunnel. No matter how long that tunnel may seem to be.
Remember Why You Started
Always go back to WHY. Why did you start doing something. When you found out a reason why you started doing something and started to do so, you ignited a fire in you. Sometimes we lose that fire and we need to remind ourselves why we started. To get back that feeling that gave us enough courage and energy to forge forward. When you are down and out, remind yourself why you began. And this can help you persevere and better yet, finish.
Resolve To Pay The Price
No matter what price you have to pay. Decide to pay it. You have a debt and you have to get up every day to pay that sucker off. Put in the work. By knowing the debt we have, we can create a payment plan. The same is true with what we are persevering towards. Once you know the price, you just have to make your daily and monthly payments. This can be working a little extra, sleeping a little less, hiring extra people, getting a mentor, having a friend to talk to about rough times. Just know what you need to pay the ultimate price. And then map it out and take part in whatever it takes to pay that price. Do this daily until you persevere to the end goal.
Be OK With Nothing Is Gauranteed
People who give up to easy, or don’t even get started at all, take on the mindset of “Why should I try if it isn’t guaranteed?”. Nothing in life is guaranteed. So you and I need to take the mindset that it doesn’t matter. Sure it isn’t guaranteed that we will get the outcome we desire. But we can’t let this fact get in the way of us persevering towards what we want and need out of life. Otherwise if we do, the only thing guaranteed is us giving up or never even starting.
Any excuse your mind gives you trying to sabotage you from moving forward needs to be ignored. There are so many fears that our minds project on us. They are ultimately trying to keep us from safe. We have them because we are scared of failure and also scared of success. So we take some action, but if we take too much action, then we may be overwhelmed with all the success and admiration that comes from it. Or we feel like if we become to successful, we may lose it all and look like a fool.
There are so many fears can act as roadblocks that get in the way of our ability to persevere. Simply ignore them and keep moving forward. This will keep us from being our own worst enemies and become are best foes instead.
7 Perseverance Personality Traits
Finding Meaning In Adversity
In order for us to persevere through the tough times, we need to be able to find some sort of meaning. Taking on the philosophy that everything happens for a reason. This mindset will help us break through barriers that we are facing. If you and I don’t trying to find meaning and positivity in every adversity, then we will become discouraged. And ultimately end up quitting. Human beings like to feel as if they are destined for something great. And it is absolutely true. We just need to learn to find meaning on our way to our destiny. Otherwise we will never make it there.
The best way to do this is to reflect back on when we overcome something more tough. To show us that we can and will persevere through it. As we have faced pain before and come out on the other side. This will prime your mind for success in the next step. Which is to then to actively search and finding positivity in the current dilemma. If we look long and hard enough, we can find something positive!
People that persevere to the degree that it takes to reach their goals are incredible goal oriented. No matter what you are working towards persevering towards, keep the goal in mind. Write your goals out day in and day out. In the morning and in the evening. State them aloud. Whether it is something positive like you want to make 100K this year. Or that you are unemployed and have the goal of having a new job within the next 2 weeks. Always keep your goals in the forefront of your mind. This will ingrain them into your subconscious mind after you keep this up. It will keep you on track as you will be holding yourself accountable.
They Have Support
No one does it alone my friends. So don’t try to do so. The most persevering people have people around them that are there for them and vice versa. Through the likes of things like forming mastermind groups. They either meet up or text with people often that are good support anchors in their lives. People that are there to provide verbal and emotional support. Persevering personalities know that times get rough and people start to feel like they are in it all alone. And know that they need positive people in their lives to turn to in order to get encouragement to keep going and persevere.
They monitor Their Thoughts
At the end of the day, when it comes to perseverance, it all lies in the mind. The longevity of persevering ways can be dramatically halted or pushed from behind. Depending on our states of mind. Persevering personalities catch their mind when it tells them that they can’t do something. Or that they should quit because it just isn’t worth it. They see it and quickly state the opposite. They know that the power of the mind can be used to help them. And they don’t believe their mind when it tells them to quit. They hear it and then quickly dismiss or let go of the thought.
People who give up allow their mind to dictate their actions. So the more you and I master our minds, the easier it will be for us to use the incredible power of perseverance and milk it for all it is worth.
A Sense Of Humor
Some of the people we admire most are those that can laugh at themselves. That don’t take themselves or life more serious than they need to. This is a personality trait that you and I need to make prevalent in our lives in order to be a true persevering personality.
If we take things to serious, we build up too much pressure and stress. It brews and brews until we explode. We reach our breaking point and give up. Or cause a lot of damage from blowing up and have to start over again. It can affect our physical, mental and emotional health if we can’t integrate enough humor on our journey.
So remember when times are tough. When you are trying so hard to build that business but not seeing results yet. When you are study relentlessly but unsure if you will do well on your exams. When your pursuing your dream job, but aren’t getting calls back from employers. Simply laugh at it. Find humor in it and in your life. Humor heals the soul and lightens stressful moods. It is a natural xanax and anti-depressant. It can make us transcend the world temporarily. Let’s us it often on our journey to persevering towards our goals and dreams!
Persevering people expect nothing in life to be handed to them. They don’t look for handouts or expect people to help them. They go out and get theirs. If there isn’t a way, they make a way. The cultivate the spirit of a survivor. They will make it regardless of what their circumstances are. So you and I need to solely rely on ourselves. We need to become solution creators and know that every problem that we encounter can be solved. That it isn’t the end of the road. Just a road block.
I’m not saying don’t take help from anyone. Not at all. Just don’t expect it. Move forward in a self made way. Earning every stripe. This will allow you to be the pilot of your plane, instead of just a passenger whose destination is dictated by the pilot.
When we are in victim mood, we are waiting around for others to take action for us or show us the way. The ultimate form of perseverance is making the way, even when there seems to be no way at all. You work on finding a way until you discover it. No waiting around.
They also act as if they still need to grind. Even when they don’t need to as much. They know that in order to keep a powerful persevering spirit, they need to always keep at it. Always striving. Acting like they are still climbing the mountain. Even when they have reached the summit that they sought out.
Don’t Take Things Personal
Often times we fail to persist and persevere because of what people say about us or our goals. We want to start our own business, but people tell you there is no money in the field you want to start it in. You want to become a real estate agent, but people say the market is bad. These people are just speaking out of a lack mindset because they believe they could never do it. Never listen to anyone who says things like this. Allow it to just make you drive harder towards yours goals. in order to persevere, we cannot let anyone tell us it can’t be done or advise us not to do so. Because is we do so, we are missing out on an opportunity of a lifetime. Literally.
175 Quotes About Perseverance
- “Perseverance is failing 19 times and suceeding the 20th.” – Julie Andrews
- “Men fail much oftener from want of perseverance that from want of talent.” – William Gobbett
- “Resilience is very different than being number. Resilience means you experience, you feel, you fail, you hurt. You fall. But, you keep going.” – Yasmin Mogahed
- “Don’t underestimate the determination of a quiet man.: – Iain Duncan Smith
- “Mastery of creative tension brings out the capacity for perseverance and patience. Time is an ally.” – Peter Senge
- “Perseverance is not a long race, it is many short races on after the other.” – Walter Elliot
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
- “The difference between the difficult and the impossible is that the impossible takes a little longer time.” – Lady Aberdeen
- “Let me tell you the secret that has led to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity.” – Louis Pasteur
- “Failure is often that early morning hour of darkness which precedes the dawning of the day of success.” – Leigh Mitchel Hodges
- “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” – Newt Gingrich
- “The difference between a successful person and other is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but a rather a lack in will.” – Vince Lombardi Jr.
- “Perseverance, secret of all triumphs.” – Victor Hugo
- “Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. – Samuel Beckett
- “We fight until we win.” – Sondhi Limthongukul
- “Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.” – John Quincy Adams
- “I may not be there yet, but I’m closer than I was yesterday.”
- “Don’t be discouraged. It’s often the last key in the bunch that opens up the lock.”
- “Through perseverance, many people win. Success out of what seemed destined to be certain failure.” – Benjamin Disraeli
- “I think one of the most important attributes is perseverance.”
- “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “Perseverance is stubbornness with a purpose.” – Josh Shipp
- “A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming odds.” – Christopher Reeve
- “Life is not easy for any of us. We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves.” – Marle Curle
- “Don’t give up in times of difficulty. Persevere as there will be an end to these.” – Edward Dunedin
- “Having perseverance is all about being able to bounce back and keep moving forward.” – Jason Scotts
- “Perseverance is a great element of success. If you only knock long enought and lough enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “Setbacks happen, but they’re not an excuse to quite. They’re a reason to recommit to becoming a better you.”
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
- “The key to success is action, and the essential in action is perseverance.” – Sun Yat-sen
- “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
- “By perseverance the snail reached the ark.” – Charles Spurgeon
- “I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses.” – Kobe Bryant
- “There are no shortcuts. Work hard. Be patient, consistent and never give up.”
- “The one who falls and gets up is much stronger than the one who never fell.”
- “Your speed doesn’t matter. forward is forward.”
- “Perseverance is a strong and active response to the difficult events of life.”
- “We will find a way or make one.”- Hannibal
- “Space is hard, but worth it. We will persevere and move forward together.” – Richard Branson
- “In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins, not through strength but through perseverance.” – H Jackson Brown
- “I do not think there is any other quality of perseverance. It overcomes almost everything, even nature.” – John D. Rockefeller
- The road to success is not straight. There is a curb called failure, a loop called confusion, speed bumps called friends, red lights called enemies, caution lights called family. You will have flats called jobs. But it you have a spare called determination, an engine called perseverance, insurance called faith, and a driver called Jesus, you will make it to a place called success.”
- “The moment you’re ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens.”
- “We may have heard about perseverance being the key to success a hundred times before, but never really stepped back to think what it actually means and how it is relevant to our lives. Most of us tend to get bogged down by little failures and just give up on dreams that may have been long cherished.”
- “Perseverance is persistence. The prize of not giving up.” – Jane Tedesco
- “Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragement and impossibilities. It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.” – Thomas Carlyle
- “You may encounter defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” – Maya Angelou
- “Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without the loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
- “You go on You set one foot in front of the other and if a thin voice cries out, somewhere behind you, you pretend not to hear and keep going.” – Gearaldine Brooks
- “Never give up on something you really want. It is difficult to wait, but more difficult to regret.”
- “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
- “With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable.” – Thomas Fowell Buxton
- “Throw off everything that hinders and entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.” – Hebrews 12 Verse 1
- “A bend in the road is not the end of the road, unless you fail to make the turn.” – Hellen Keller
- “Perseverance guarantees that results are inevitable.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “Because you know that testing of your faith develops perseverance.” – James 1:3
- “Success is the child of drudgery and perseverance. It cannot be coaxed or bribed, pay the price and it is yours.” – Orison Swett Marden
- “There are not traffic jams along the extra mile.” – Roger Staubach
- “I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.”
- “I am a slow walker but I never walk back.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “There is a light at the end of the tunnel, but the way out is through.” – David Allen
- “Long-term consistency trumps short-term intensity.” – Bruce Lee
- “No one succeeds without effort. Those who succeed owe their success to perseverance.” – Ramana Maharshi
- “Perseverance is not a long race, it is many short races one after the other.” – Walter Elliot
- “By perseverance, everything reaches it’s target.” – Catalan Proverb
- “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King
- “There is only one thing it takes to become successful. Perseverance.”
- “Even if you fall on your face, your still moving forward.” – Viktor Klann
- “The road to perseverance lies by doubt.” – Francis Laurles
- “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says, I’ll try again tomorrow.”
- “You aren’t going to find anybody that’s going to be successful without making a sacrifice and without perseverance.” – Lou Holtz
- “Life is not easy for any of us, but what of that? We must have perseverance and above all, confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that thing must be attained.” – Marie Curie
- “Let perseverance bet your engine and hope your fuel.”
- “The most essential factor is persistence. The determination never to allow your energy or enthusiasm to be dampened by the discouragement that must inevitably come.” – James Whitcomb Riley
- “Perseverance is a strong and active response to the difficult events of life.”
- “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” – Vince Lombardi
- “Obstacles are put in your way to see if what you want is really worth fighting for.”
- “You’ve got to say – ‘I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough, I can have it.’ It’s called perseverance.” – Lee Iococca
- “Determination and perseverance move the world. Thinking that others will do it for you is a sure way to fail.” – Marva Collins
- “I never quit. I persevere and thrive on adversity. If knocked down, I will get back up every time.” – The Us Nave Seals
- “A winner is just a lose who tried one more time.” – George Augustus Moore
- “The difficulties you meet will resolve themselves as you advance. proceed and light will dawn and shine with increasing clearness on your path.” – Jim Rohn
- “Rest if you must, but don’t you quit!”
- “If you are going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
- “The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.”
- “Grit is passion and perseverance for very long-term goals. Grit is having stamina. Grit is sticking with your future, day in and day out. Not just for the week, not just for the month but for years. And working really hard to make that future a reality. Grit is living life like a marathon, not a sprint.” – Dr. Angela Lee Duckworth
- “You are only as strong as you allow yourself to be. Never get discouraged, never give up, because consistence and dedication is the key to success.”
- “Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.”
- “If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.” – H.G. Wells
- “Your time is now. Start where you stand and never back down.”
- “No matter what knocks you down in life, get back up and keep going. Never give up. Great blessings are a result of great perseverance.”
- “There is no other recourse when all things are bleak, we must persevere or suffer disgrace upon death.”
- “In the real of ideas everything depends on enthusiasm, in the real world, all rests on perseverance.”
- “I learned patience, perseverance, and dedication. Now I really know myself and I know my voice. It’s a voice of pain and victory.” – Anthony Hamilto
- “How many a man has thrown up his hands at a time when a little more effort, a little more patience would have achieved success.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.” – Steve Jobs
- “The greatest oak was once a little nut who held it’s ground.”
- “Perseverance must finish it’s work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” – The Bible
- “There are two ways of attaining an important end, force and perseverance. The silent power of the later grows irresistible with time.” – Anne Sophie Swetchine
- “Perseverance, keeps honor bright. To have done, is to hang quite out of fashion, like a rusty nail in a monumental mockery.” – William Shakespeare
- “Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Perseverance – Whether a pebble or mountain, climb over your obstacles with determination and dignity.” – R.H. Cornish P.s.
- “Stop for no one. I don’t know but I’ve been told that an obstacle that blocks your road, to knock it over.” – Eminem
- “Press on. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not, nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not, unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not. The world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.”
- “When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
- “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Failing is a crucial part of success. Every time you fail and get back up, you practice perseverance which is the key to life. Your strength comes in your ability to recover.” – Michelle Obama
- “In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
- “I hated every minute of training, but I said ‘Don’t quite. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Knowledge is power. I’ll take imagination, motivation, perseverance, and the sheer will to succeed over knowledge any day. I declare that knowledge is cumbersome and restricts.”
- “Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.” – William Feather
- “Never quit. If you stumble, get back up. What happened yesterday no longer matters. Today’s another day. So get back on track and move closer to your dreams and goals. You can do it.”
- “When you face difficult times, know that challenges are sent not to destroy you. They’re sent to promote, increase and strengthen you.”
- “God grants victory to perseverance.” – Simon Bolivar
- “Everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes of against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
- “Push through this, the reward is worth it.”
- “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot, and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And this is why I succeed.”- Michael Jordan
- “I am very happy. My patience and perseverance have finally paid off.” – Parthiv Patel
- “If your determination is fixed, I do not counsel you to despair. Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance.” – Samuel Johnson
- “Don’t give up just because of what someone said. Use that motivation to push harder.”
- “Be patient when it seems things are not going right and may never be right again. Accept that what is yours will come to you in the right way at just the right moment.” – Iyanla Vanzant
- “Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it’s not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won’t. It’s whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it, whether you choose to persevere.” – Barack Obama
- “If you give up when it’s winder, you will miss the promise of your spring, the beauty of your summer and the fulfillment of your fall. Don’t let the pain of one season destroy the joy of all the rest.”
- “Patience child, patience. Remember life is a journey. If you got everything you wanted all at once, there’d be no point to living. Enjoy the ride, and in the end you’ll see these ‘set backs’ as giant leaps forward, only couldn’t see the bigger picture in the moment. Remain calm, all is within reach, all you have to do is show up every day, stay true to your path and you will surely find the treasure you seek.” – Jackson Kiddard
- “The hardest battle you will ever have to fight between who you are now and who you want to be.”
- “We are made to persist. That’s how we find out who we are.” – Tobias Wolff
- “You have to fight through some bad days to earn the best days of your life.”
- “My bones can be scorched from fires, broken by betrays, stained with blood. And I will keep on fighting.”
- “Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.” – Napoleon Hills
- “Decide carefully, exactly what you want in life, then work like made to make sure you get it.”
- Waves are inspiring not because they rise and fall. But because each time they fall, they never fail to rise again”
- “If you fall behind, run faster. Never give. Never surrender. And rise up against the odds.”
- “Setting goals take desire, but completing them takes determination.” – Ron Hawks
- “Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance and facing your fears.”
- “There are so many people out there who will tell you that you can’t. What you got to do is turn around and say “watch me”. “
- “Never stop fighting until you arrive at your destined place, that is, the unique you. Have an aim in life, continuously acquire knowledge, work hard, and have perseverance to realize the great life.” – A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
- “Today, I may have encountered some disappointment, an obstacles or two and maybe a bit of discouragement. However, I have a conviction and peace in my heart and soul in realizing that if I am given the opportunity to rise tomorrow morning, I will give it my all once again.” – Sam Villanueva
- “Never give up. Today is hard. Tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine.” – Jack Ma
- “Rejoice in the hope, endure under tribulation, persevere in prayer.” – Romans 12:12
- “If you have discipline, drive and determination, nothing is impossible.” – Dana Linn Bailey
- “When the world says ‘give up’ hope whispers ‘try it one more time’.”
- “Keep starting until you finish.”
- “Starting strong is good. Finishing strong is epic.” – Robin Sharma
- “It doesn’t matter how slowly you go as long as you don’t stop.” – Confucius
- “The man who gives up accomplishes nothing and is only a hindrance. The man who does not give up can move mountains.” – Erness Hello
- “Perseverance will take you to places that talent can’t even dream of.”
- “It’s not that I’m so smart. It’s just that I stay with problems longer.” – Albert Einstein
- “Go as long as you can, then take another step.”
- “Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do.”
- “You are an arrow on the path to greatness. Let the winders nor the rains alter your course. Persevere to make your aim stay true.
- “When the sun is shining I can do anything, not mountain is too high, no trouble to difficult to overcome.” – Wilma Rudolph
- “Perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of it’s purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “The doctrine of the perseverance of the saints is to the effect that they whom God has regenerated and effectually called to a state of grace, can neither totally nor finally fall away form that state, but shall certainly persevere therein to the end and be eternally saved.” – Lous Berkho
- “Perseverance is a virtue that cannot be understated.” – Bob Riley
- “Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance.” – Abigail Adams
- “Unless you puke, faint, or die, keep going.”
- “What this power is I cannot say, all I know is that it exists and it becomes available only when a man is in the state of mind in which he knows exactly what he wants and is fully determined not to quit until he finds it.” – Alexander Graham Bell
- “It starts with a dream and faith, and becomes a belief. Add action, and it becomes part of life. Add perseverance and it becomes a goal in sight. At patience and time and it ends with a dream come true.”
- “Of all that is good, sublimity is supreme. Succeeding is the coming together of all that is beautiful. Furtherance is the agreement of all that is just. Perseverance is the foundation of all actions.” – Lao Tzu
- “Perseverance, self-reliance, energetic effort, are doubly strengthened when you rise to battle again.”
- “Just because you fail once, doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “Champions keep playing until they get it right.” – Billie Jean King
- “Let me remain persistent. For unlike others, who decide to give up.” – Eleesha
- “People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for circumstances they want, and, if they can’t find they, make them.” – G.B. Shaw
- “Victory is right around the corner, never give up.” – Nicki Minaj
- “Every noble work is bound to face problems and obstacles. It is important to check your goal and motivation thoroughly. One should be very truthful, honest and reasonable. One’s actions should be good for others and for oneself as well. Once a positive goal is chosen, you should decide to pursue it all the way to the end. Even if it is not realized, at least there will be no regret.”
- “The best way out is always through.”
- “No success was won without enthusiasm and perseverance.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Perseverance and strength of character will enable us to bear much worse things.” – David Copperfield
- “The longer you do this, the easier it gets. Every time you keep going, after a hard fall, your competition has decreased. Because where you had that hard fall, may people fall and gave up.”
- “Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial, because having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.” – James 1:12
- “The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one comes from a strong will and the other from a strong won’t.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “The only time you run out of chances is when you stop taking them.” – Alexander Pope
- “The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the man who will win.” – Roger Bannister
- “Purity, patience, and perseverance are the three essentials to success and above all love.” – Swami Vivekananda
Leave a Reply